Oxygenics BodySpa Adventure Shower Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygenics BodySpa Adventure Shower Head

Like so many before us, last year my wife wanted to upgrade the shower head. In part for perceived water pressure and in part due to boondocking plans and the more conservative water flow.

https://oxygenics.com/products/bodyspa-adventure-rv/

I think my wife is a fan of the upgrade, it is simple enough to remove the old and replace. Essentially a bolt on replacement. I can see where the different modes can give the perception of more water pressure and it looks nice.

When we ordered it, it came in, and we were unable to adjust it to the different modes. I opened up as big a can of man as I could and still could not twist it. I wrapped it to protect the finish and tried to see if a tool could help. My wife and I tried together. We could not get the head to turn to the different modes. Turns out we had a defective head. Oxygenics had to send us a new one and we sent that one back. Not the best first impression.

Even with a site with water and water with good pressure, it seems like we probably get better pressure if we turn the pump on. We do not usually do this. But maybe someone else can speak to why this is?

Having said that, it does look nice. I am somewhat pleased with the upgrade and I think my wife likes it (so does anything else really matter?). Hopefully it will help us reduce water usage when camping off grid with our kids.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bellis; 04-21-2021, 07:31 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

I've seen quite a few people change to the Oxygenics shower head. Do you feel there is a big difference?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The stock showerhead that came with our 337 was terrible. With water pressure set at 45 psi taking a shower was time consuming and wasted water. We upgraded the showerhead on our previous travel trailer with an Oxygenics Fury and did so again as soon as we came back from our maiden voyage in the new 337 this summer. We can say the improvement was amazing. I also use a dual stage water filtration system (ClearSource) and that has made a drastic improvement in the flow of water in all of our faucets as well as the shower. The cost of the Oxygenics Fury was well worth it especially since it keeps my better half happy!
      Mark & Ellen
      2020 Reflection 337RLS
      2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        I've seen quite a few people change to the Oxygenics shower head. Do you feel there is a big difference?

Jim
        My wife thinks so....does it matter otherwise? lol

I can see where their special setting infuses the water with air and gives the impression of pressure with less water usage....I don't care for it....but if I am really trying to save water...I can see where it will help.
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

My wife thinks so....does it matter otherwise? lol

I can see where their special setting infuses the water with air and gives the impression of pressure with less water usage....I don't care for it....but if I am really trying to save water...I can see where it will help.
          I too did the Oxygenics showerhead. We lost our water heater for a few days after a power outage while we were waiting on replacement parts to come to fix it. We ended up using the shower in the RV for and I can certainly see the water usage difference between the water saver mode and normal.

When we Dry-camp, it will make a big difference for me, since I won't have to refill the RV as much, nor empty it as much.
          Mike
          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

We replaced ours with a different model and it was night and day difference. I use the old camco brass water pressure regulator which is 45 psi. I think and there is a difference between it and the pump , the pump is 50 or 55 psi. I believe. Just like you side " if the wife is happy nothing else matters" , but I found it to be a good upgrade.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Replaced ours with the Oxygenics Fury RV. We're also happy campers.

https://oxygenics.com/products/fury-rv-handheld/

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                Replaced ours with the Oxygenics Fury RV. We're also happy campers.

https://oxygenics.com/products/fury-rv-handheld/

Jim
                I am not sure why we didn't get that one. It may not have been available (in stock) when we ordered? Or maybe my wife thought it had too many settings for the younger kids (8 and 9).

That looks like a nice one though. GPM is the same.
                2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

I am not sure why we didn't get that one. It may not have been available (in stock) when we ordered? Or maybe my wife thought it had too many settings for the younger kids (8 and 9).

That looks like a nice one though. GPM is the same.
                  I believe they are all the same where some may have some additional settings. The model you chose has a solid track record where I've wondered if yours would have been better.
                  We're happy with it where I did a flow rate test between the Oxygenics and the original shower head and the Oxygenics did have a slightly lower flow rate while providing a more satisfying shower.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X