Installing Tankless Hot Water Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I would wonder if the "tank" water heater was coming up to proper temperature if you needed more than 6 gallons of this water (should be at 140 degrees) for a shower. Particularly when boondocking, more water than that is going to fill up the grey tank in a hurry.

Rob
    X2 Rob,

I've not measured the temp of our hot water tank but it is very hot. So with the hot full on and then adjust the cold to comfort, we each use around 5-6 gallons each for our showers. Have never ran out of hot water. I'll keep my old fashioned hot water tank.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      I heard back from the GDRV team. Furrion is developing a source for a 12V thermostatically controlled heating pad that will be able to be placed into new and existing units. As soon as I get details such as part numbers, I'll share.

Jim
      Jim,

Have you gotten any update on the heating pad for the Furrion tankless HWH? Sounds like the perfect fix.
      2022 Reflection 303RLS
      2020 Ram 2500

Comment

Originally posted by babyrocket View Post

Jim,

Have you gotten any update on the heating pad for the Furrion tankless HWH? Sounds like the perfect fix.
        No, I'll ask for an update and let you know.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

ncitro How did the Truma handle the northern nights? Are you satisfied with overall performance? What are some of the things you don't like about it?
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post
            ncitro How did the Truma handle the northern nights? Are you satisfied with overall performance? What are some of the things you don't like about it?
            I am absolutely thrilled with it. I see no additional water usage when dry camping, and unlimited hot water when we have hookups has been awesome. I would say the only downside is the cost, and personally I think it is well worth it. I had no issues in cold weather, we were down to the low 20s, maybe high teens. It actually got so cold I froze one of my low point drains and had to replace it. The only "issue" I had was self inflicted. We carry a small inflatable bath tub to bathe our son, when I fill that I normally unscrew the shower head to fill it faster. When it got really cold the water heater would error out and shut down while doing this. I looked up the error and found that the heater could not heat the water fast enough for the flow going through. Since then I fill the tub with the shower head on (restricting the flow a little) and have had no issue since.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
            X