X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding backup gate valve installation

I want to get an add on backup gate valve like this twist on Valletta one:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS

I’m concerned that it will extend too far out from the side of my RV. I’ve got an imagine 2600RB. My black/gray dump tube is flush with the side of the RV, or even extends an inch further.

Has anyone else added a gate valve? Do they see this as an issue?

thanks, Joe
    Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Sailor_Joe Several people here have added the valve. Look for post by Howson or Cate&Rob as I believe both of them have added the valve.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...g-tote-process 1:32 mark you can see his secondary valve installed.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Sailor_Joe Several people here have added the valve. Look for post by Howson or Cate&Rob as I believe both of them have added the valve.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...g-tote-process 1:32 mark you can see his secondary valve installed.
      Thanks. I did a search for “gate valve” but didn’t find anything. I’m asking how much it will stick out if attached while driving, since on the 2600rb the waste pipe is horizontal; the end of the pipe with just a cap and no valve is already flush with the side of the rv or even protrudes an inch. Amazon comments for the Camco model says that one is 6.5” wide. I’d like to find a low profile twist on gate valve if possible.

Or maybe be reassured that having this stick out 6” from the side of the rig while towing is nothing to worry about.

thanks again,
      Joe
      Last edited by Sailor_Joe; 04-14-2021, 11:42 PM.
      Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Comment

I have one attached also. Strongly reccomended not only for anthing left in the line giving you a nasty suprise, but an automatic back up in case of a failure.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

This will only stick out about 2" or 3" , well worth it.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Sailor_Joe -- towed with one for > 10K miles, no issues. Highly recommended.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Have had one for several years after nasty water incident.
              Install it with the handle toward the rear so travel bounce doesn't unscrew it.

I measured a valve. Pin to pin is about 4 1/2 inches. So the cap will be moved out that far..
              Last edited by TedS; 04-15-2021, 07:36 AM.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                Have had one for several years after nasty water incident.
                Install it with the handle toward the rear so travel bounce doesn't unscrew it.

I measured a valve. Pin to pin is about 4 1/2 inches. So the cap will be moved out that far..
                Thank you Ted, that's very helpful info. Thanks everyone else! I know I want one of these; having heard the horror stories I definitely want to avoid that happening to me :-)

Happy camping!

Comment

I plan on getting one as well. I want one to stop the little dribble I get but mostly so I could share/equalize grey tanks if necessary.
                  Mike & Lisa
                  Central Florida
                  2021 Imagine 2970RL
                  1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

I currently have a 2600rb and a Twist on valve. Yes it sticks out but if you are ever close enough to have a problem with the few inches it sticks out you're probably about to experience much bigger problems. The 2600rb is 8' wide. Full bodied 5th wheels (Solitude comes to mind) are 8'6" wide. Just be mindful and don't get that close to anything.
                    Charles and Susan
                    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                    Andersen Hitch
                    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post
                      I currently have a 2600rb and a Twist on valve. Yes it sticks out but if you are ever close enough to have a problem with the few inches it sticks out you're probably about to experience much bigger problems. The 2600rb is 8' wide. Full bodied 5th wheels (Solitude comes to mind) are 8'6" wide. Just be mindful and don't get that close to anything.
                      Charles, do you have two separate Grey tanks with their own separate drains and valves?
                      Dave and Sue
                      2020 GD 2250RK
                      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Charles, do you have two separate Grey tanks with their own separate drains and valves?
                        The 2600RB has two gray tanks each with their own separate valves. Their drain pipes join together and then connect with the black tank drain pipe. The separate grays are because the kitchen is forward of the axle and the rear bath (RB) is aft of the axle.

Cheers,
                        Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor_Joe View Post

The 2600RB has two gray tanks each with their own separate valves. Their drain pipes join together and then connect with the black tank drain pipe. The separate grays are because the kitchen is forward of the axle and the rear bath (RB) is aft of the axle.

Cheers,
                          Joe
                          So, Although the two gray tanks each have their own separate valves, the gray pipes join together and connect to the black tank drain pipe. In this example it sounds like your two grey valves will never need to be opened. Hmmmm, I’ll have to think about that one. Maybe I’m confused, it wouldn’t be the first time.
                          Dave and Sue
                          2020 GD 2250RK
                          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

So, Although the two gray tanks each have their own separate valves, the gray pipes join together and connect to the black tank drain pipe. In this example it sounds like your two grey valves will never need to be opened. Hmmmm, I’ll have to think about that one. Maybe I’m confused, it wouldn’t be the first time.
                            Yep, thinking too hard, Dave!

All tanks, on every GD unit, have "their own valve". Some tanks, though, do not share a single exit drain pipe, or sewer hose connection point.

The 2600RB's three tanks all join to one common sewer hose connection point. Some trailers have more than one connection point due to the distance between tanks.

Regardless of a trailer's configuration, having the extra valve connected to the sewer hose connection point is a good idea IMHO. Even if that means the owner has to buy two (or more) if that's the configuration of their trailer.

Howard
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well, my 2250RK has a fwd black tank and grey tank and they both share the same exit drain location. The aft grey tank (kitchen) has its own drain pipe and exit location. If the 2600RB operates the same way then I understand. If not, I’m headed to bed. 😀
                              Dave and Sue
                              2020 GD 2250RK
                              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
                              X