42 gallon black tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42 gallon black tank

Not sure if this is where I post but I had a question on black tank.
    We bought a 2021 303rls I think it has a 42 gallon black tank. My question is for two people dry camping how many days do you get before your black tank is full? I know it depends on how much you use it but thought I would get some feedback from experienced rvers.
    Our gray tanks we know we will need to conserve like military showers, less dishes etc.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mistake on black tank size its 47 gallons
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I think our black tank is 39gal, and that will last the four of us (2 adults and 2 kids) easily for a three night weekend when we don't have services. Not to get too into details, but that's the kids using it everytime and the adults only using it when we don't feel like going to the outhouse. We've never been to a campground that didn't have an outhouse, so I don't know how long our tank would last in a 100% 'duty' cycle (sorry, couldn't help it!), but based on the above I'm sure we could do maybe 4 nights before getting close to full.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
        We bought a 2021 303rls I think it has a 42 gallon black tank. My question is for two people dry camping how many days do you get before your black tank is full? I know it depends on how much you use it but thought I would get some feedback from experienced rvers.
        Our gray tanks we know we will need to conserve like military showers, less dishes etc.
        We have a 45 gallon black tank in our 2021 Imagine 2970RL. The wife and I (2 people) have gone 5 days and could have probably made it to 7 days. I have a Camco Rhino tote that I use if at a park without sewer connection. We use our bathroom 100% of the time, no more walks to the park facilities for restroom or shower.

As I mentioned in another post I want to install the Valterra gate valve so I can share/equalize the grey tanks if necessary. The kitchen grey (45) doesn't seem to fill up as quickly as the bathroom (45) grey.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

We have went 5 days , 4 nights , and had a little extra room , 2 people. Our main concern was fresh water , we only have 47 gallons fresh. Black and grey tanks were both fine and probably could have got another day or 2. I am sure we could go a week if we conserved more.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I installed a Valterra gate valve so I can common both gray tanks if needed. We went 4 nights used bathroom 100% of the time and gage showed 1/3 full. Being a new rig I ran lots of water in toilet before we used it and several times I ran additional water just to see how fast it would fill up. We were connected to full hook up but I was trying to gage how much water we can get in there.
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 Using the panel and a water meter, verify where it reads full the first time (baseline measurement). From there, keep track of # days then fill till it reads full recording the amount it takes to reach full. Subtract the number of gallons added from the baseline and divide the result by the number of days. This will give you an idea of how much capacity you use per day.

If you don't mind, can you post a picture of the extra gate valve on the rig. I'm thinking about putting one on my unit.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

My rig is at the storage lot, I just added the gate Valve at the main drain that connects to your sewer connect. I have put them on all my rigs. Another nice thing is you can dump black tank then rinse with a quick pull of gray valve then close it. Close the new valve open black and you can flush the black when you open the gray. That allows the water to flow from gray to black. Then close gray and redump black. I have done that for years till they came out with the black tank flush. If Im not at a full hookup site when I go to dump I will do this just because I don't want to sit at the dump station holding up campers to run my black tank flush.
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Jlawles2

Here is a link to the gate valve Amazon.com: Valterra Twist-On Waste Valve, Mess-Free Waste Valve for RV's, Campers, Trailers: Automotive , I think this is what most use. Check around for a better price maybe.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

For two adults in ours (42 gallon) we hit the smell factor long before we fill it. I tried to hold out until it was full once just to see and gave up at two and a half weeks lol. That’s doing everything in the camper (unless we were out) and I’ve also put a bidet seat on ours so there’s extra water going into it (good to have extra water in the tank for rinsing and sends a fraction of the paper down). For us in practice I consider the black tank to be pretty much unlimited.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Im hoping our 10 day trip lasts, like I said we did almost 4 days and was just over the 1/3 maybe it was close to 1/2 full. Being our first time out and we had full hookup I ran lots of water in the tank more then I would when we dont have full hookup. At worst I will just have to go dump Im trying not to half to buy a turd haler.
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS
                      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Im hoping our 10 day trip lasts, like I said we did almost 4 days and was just over the 1/3 maybe it was close to 1/2 full. Being our first time out and we had full hookup I ran lots of water in the tank more then I would when we dont have full hookup. At worst I will just have to go dump Im trying not to half to buy a turd haler.
                        I would be shocked if you can’t go ten days. And I feel you on the hauler. I have one and have vowed to only ever use it for grey lol.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                        X