Don't Forget the P-Trap in Fridge When Winterizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Forget the P-Trap in Fridge When Winterizing

As I was winterizing the RV today, I thought about the condensation tube from the refrigerator. Even though our fridge has not been in use for several weeks, there was condensate in the tube. I straightened it out and removed the end cap to allow all the moisture to drain off. Just one more place you might want to check when winterizing.
    Rudy
    South Dakota
    2019 GMC 3500HD Duramax SRW
    2018 Reflection 337RLS

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    As I was winterizing the RV today, I thought about the condensation tube from the refrigerator. Even though our fridge has not been in use for several weeks, there was condensate in the tube. I straightened it out and removed the end cap to allow all the moisture to drain off. Just one more place you might want to check when winterizing.
    Thanks for the tip Rudy.
    This is something I have never given thought to.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Mike - funny you mention this. I have thought about this for years but never done it. It was a few years ago when Rob shared to configure a "P" trap bend in the tube rather than just have a straight run down. When I winterize in a few weeks, I will need to check the tube to see if any breaks from possible past freezing. I have not noticed moisture from a possible line break in the fridge area behind the exterior vent cover when I have checked a few times. The good thing is that the tube on our Atwood Helium is pretty darn pliable.

I see you got the new truck in your signature. I'm envious ! Think Andi needs to update hers yet. Hope you guys are doing well.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

I see you got the new truck in your signature. I'm envious ! Think Andi needs to update hers yet. Hope you guys are doing well.

Dan
        Update done! Thanks for the reminder Dan .

Andi
        Brookings SD
        2018 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
        X