Spray Port Issue while winterizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Port Issue while winterizing

I began winterizing today through the Nautilus panel. All went well until the pump stopped priming. I turned the screen around in the connection and it began working again. Then I found I had no water pressure, nothing at all, at my rear spray port. The portable hose worked on the Nautilus panel spray port, so it’s not the hose.
    I dropped a small portion of the coroplast to see if anything looked unusual at the rear spray port and didn’t see anything.

I dont know if this this could be connected, but I was in 11 degree weather two days ago, and our hot water line froze up overnight. I guess flushing the toilet a few times during the night kept the cold water line from freezing. The hot water began working again a few hours later while driving home.

So, any ideas what may be up with the spray port or line? Doesn’t seem to be a leak, as the pump doesn’t continually run and nothing is visible. Maybe the mechanical connection is malfunctioning? I may pull the hose off the inside connection of the spray port and see if there is any pressure there.
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

It might be frozen, In the center of the female connection is a button that when connected to the hose is pushed back to open. Take a Phillips screw driver and gently push the button in, if it is not frozen it should spray. I recommend standing to the side when doing this. If no water take a hair dryer and warm up the fitting and try again. You may be able to remove it too as it should just be screwed on.

Hope this helps

On edit - could there be and inline valve that is closed or has it worked before? Check your owners manual
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
      It might be frozen, In the center of the female connection is a button that when connected to the hose is pushed back to open. Take a Phillips screw driver and gently push the button in, if it is not frozen it should spray. I recommend standing to the side when doing this. If no water take a hair dryer and warm up the fitting and try again. You may be able to remove it too as it should just be screwed on.

Hope this helps

On edit - could there be and inline valve that is closed or has it worked before? Check your owners manual
      It’s worked so far, but I rarely use it. I will try your advise. Thanks!

Comment

Everything appears to be working now. I removed the spray port, and then turned on the city water slowly. It hesitated, and then shot out water (and the restrictor, not to be found). I put it back together, but not fastened to the trailer. Then turned the city water on again, and saw a slow leak coming from the apex connecting spot.

I made a trip to Home Depot, and bought the necessary tools to remove the crimp ring and fasten a new one on. Everything is working at the spray port now.

As for the pump, it was having a hard time priming. So I partially refilled the fresh water tank and got it to prime and work. Then I drained everything AGAIN, and the pump worked to winterize, at times still having issues priming, but all is good now.

Comment

Steve

Did you have the antifreeze sitting on the ground?
          I have found that setting it in the storage bay helps with keeping the pump primed.
          Glad you got the spray port figured out.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            Steve

Did you have the antifreeze sitting on the ground?
            I have found that setting it in the storage bay helps with keeping the pump primed.
            Glad you got the spray port figured out.

Brian
            I had it in the bay, and even held it up a bit at times. Turning the screen around helped, but I hadn’t done that before this year.

Comment

Working...
            X