Difficulty plugging into the outdoor hose connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty plugging into the outdoor hose connections

Its bad enough that the outdoor hose connection is recessed but as it ages it becomes near impossible to plug in the hose connection. While this is easier with the water pump turned off and the pressure bled off, one can spray the fitting with CRC food grade silicone which makes this process extremely easy for future use.

https://www.zoro.com/crc-food-grade-...MGDw&gclsrc=ds

Had the same issue with SOB trailer for the outdoor sink. If the pressure was too high, I'd fight light crazy to get it plugged in, whether on pump or shore water. I learned that if it I planned on using the outside kitchen, plug in the "faucet" first, then hook up everything else.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I've tried everything to plug into the rear port. Cannot do it. HELP.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafr98 View Post
        I've tried everything to plug into the rear port. Cannot do it. HELP.
        Turn off the pump if dry camping. Turn off the water spigot if using city water.

Open a hot and cold faucet inside the trailer and let the water run until it stops. This will bleed the pressure off the system. Close the faucet handles when this is complete.

You should now be able to plug in the outside water hose.

Once the hose is plugged in, turn the pump or the city water back on.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

With the fitting lubed with food grade silicone, you can plug in easily with the pump on. Either method works but over time the seal sticks which needs to be lubricated. Also the balls in the quick disconnect also need the silicone lube. Remember FOOD GRADE.

Comment

Working...
          X