Leak or is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak or is this normal?

So. Our first big trip, hooked up to park water in our 2021 22RBE and the driverside rear of the trailer is dripping water. I checked the toilet and the p-trap and everything seems dry...any ideas? We are not running AC btw.

rexifries Welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have time, the moderators have created a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and complete their profile to make it easier to get the help that they seek. The welcome letter can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

You said the drivers side rear. but is it coming from a piece of PEX, through the chloroplast, or one of the tank connections? A couple of pics would be a trememdous help.
    Last edited by ThePowells; 05-02-2021, 10:04 PM.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

rexifries, No, it's not normal for the rig to drip anything. (Other than condensation)
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

rexifries
        Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

Unless the water is dripping from the blue Pex pipe water tank overflow pipe . . . this is not "normal". More specific details will help us to help you.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi folks, thanks for your replies. Here's a photo. It's coming from behind the lower pictured screw under the trim.

Comment

Originally posted by rexifries View Post
            So. Our first big trip, hooked up to park water in our 2021 22RBE and the driverside rear of the trailer is dripping water. I checked the toilet and the p-trap and everything seems dry...any ideas? We are not running AC btw.
            You didn't really say where the water is coming off of. Is it the frame or the sidewall, etc . . . Based on your description the water could be leaking out of any of the plumbing in the belly. You will probably need to drop the coroplast to a point where you can look in there to see where the water is leaking from. It could be a fitting all the way in front and is just running to the back on top of the coroplast.

Edit: OK just saw the picture. Not what I had in mind. I would pull your shower handles and check their connections. That would be a pretty easy check. I know when we were doing our PDI for our unit the kitchen faucet lines were not connected all the way and leaking. If it has been raining you may want to check the seal along the edge of the roof. Anything that requires 'tightening' is suspect. When you are assembling in mass production tightening something all the way takes time.
            Last edited by OurNewEra; 05-03-2021, 11:31 AM.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by rexifries View Post
              Hi folks, thanks for your replies. Here's a photo. It's coming from behind the lower pictured screw under the trim.
              It is not really clear where that water is coming from. It could be running down the corner molding from the roof. A good idea to confirm that you are not running the AC . . . which could have been the source. I would unfasten the corner of the underbelly coroplast close the the water puddle to confirm whether there is water in there. Also, inside the camper, check the floor in that back left corner for any signs of moisture. Also check the seam between the roof membrane and the back wall (there should be no breaks or cracks in the self levelling compound over this joint on the roof.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

rexifries Looking at the brochure floorpan of your unit it is not clear where the HWH is located. We have a 2600RB with the rear bath and the HWH is under the cabinet in the bathroom on the back wall. How much water is leaking? When we de-winterized and fired up the water heater everything was fine until the pop off valve on the HWH started dripping unknown to us, airspace in the top of the tank was not correct. The first hint of this was when water started dripping out of the left rear corner of the rig onto the bumper. That started a process that led to discovering the valve dripping inside the enclosure, no water dripping to the outside to see as a person walked by as I have seen more than once in the past with other rigs we have had. Upon opening the enclosure I found that the water from the valve was leaking around the HWH mounting base/flange, down the inside of the rear wall and running along the plastic fabric type material that runs from the bottom up into the wall, traveling along that and exiting on the opposite side. The issue was created by the HWH not being sealed around the mounting flange completely, inside and out. I completely sealed this area with silicone so it is now water tight. At this point the issue seems to be resolved, time will tell. As others have stated water leaks are tough to locate as they travel everywhere and often exit in unrelated locations such as ours did. Hope this helps.

Dave
                flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

rexifries O.K. I was typing as you posted the pic. That is the exact spot that the water was exiting our unit. See my response above, hope it helps.

Dave
                  flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

flyfshrockies

Excellent "first hand" information! Thanks Dave. (just the way an owners forum is supposed to work )

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Thanks a lot for that. This forum and it's members are a wealth of info and was glad to be able to relate to an issue I had myself. Truly hope it helps.

Dave

Comment

Dave thank you. I will check the hwh area, just assumed it couldn't be, due to the opposite location
                        Letitia

Comment

rexifries Your welcome hope it helps. I will note that I looked under the shower pan by removing the access cover and found no water in there or on the corroplast that is visible with a flash light, the front area near the wall below the shower controls was dry as well. Good luck
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
                            rexifries When we de-winterized and fired up the water heater everything was fine until the pop off valve on the HWH started dripping unknown to us, airspace in the top of the tank was not correct. The first hint of this was when water started dripping out of the left rear corner of the rig onto the bumper.
                            Dave
                            flyfshrockies
                            Hi Dave, Could you tell me more about this "pop off valve on the HWH"? Do you mean the pressure relief valve? I'd like to check ours and want to make sure I understand what valve you're talking about.

Thanks!
                            Joe
                            Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Comment

Sailor_Joe Yes one and the same in my mind, though perhaps inaccurate for some. When the pressure reaches 150 psi or the temp reaches 210 the "relief" valve starts to drip if there is not enough airspace in the top of the tank for expansion and I believe that this drip starts well below these numbers if the air gap is not sufficient, just conjecture though. Those numbers are on a blue tag attached to the valve. When looking into that area I found that there was a foam seal along the bottom of the door that was sealing the access door hinge and was helping water to dam up and flow behind the "L" shaped brackets in the lower corners both sides, I cut that foam seal out in two locations on each side of the hinge to facilitate drainage. Nothing was sealed on the inside and only a portion on the outside edge of the mounting flange. I found a couple of other issues inside as well where corners were cut and bent and not sealed. I sealed everything I could find including the slices in the flange that evidently help in folding the flange over the edge of the unit. BTW, did you get your truck, hitch and coupler height sorted out??

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X