2021 MLE22 Shower Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 MLE22 Shower Leak

I have searched the forum and don't see anything on this- when we shower, water leaks out to the trough and at some point overflows to the floor. GD does not guarantee their caulking (don't even take me there), but dealer re-caulked the shower door at no charge- it still does it. So, I got in the shower with a spray bottle, and shot water at all the points where the shower door frame connects to the stall- no water coming through. Sprayed the roller end of the curtain to try and see if it was coming down from there- nothing. BUT, take a shower, and it comes out- any ideas on this?

SnelCal
    I don't have the same shower door configuration as yours, but usually a shower door track has provisions to drain back into the shower before it overflows on the outside. Is it possible that the inside drain holes were caulked over?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

SnelCal
      Looking at the parts lookup page, it appears you have the same retractable shower door system in our unit, and this conversation is very timely since I am dealing this too. When initially looking at our shower everything looked properly sealed, but it wasn't until I used an inspection mirror inside the shower that I could see that the bottom rail has pulled up from the caulking.

I'm going to remove the existing floor pan caulking and try resealing, see if that prevents the water from escaping. My fear is though that the bottom rail may continue to move, breaking free from the seal. Might be a loosing battle
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

In answer to Cate and Rob- there is no drain hole that I see, caulked or uncaulked. To StephenO's point- I took a spray bottle with it on "stream" and sprayed that bottom rail all the way along. I can try looking with a mirror- I just got in the shower and tried to get water to come through. As they say, "more will be revealed, but if the track is coming loose from the caulk in travel- there is either one heck of amount of movement, or really bad caulk- since the dealer re-caulked it, I feel like they wouldn't be that. Let me know what you figure out though.
        Tom

Comment

SnelCal This may sound creepy, but if there is more than one of you that this happens to, you may need to "watch" when the other is taking a shower to see if you can see where the water is migrating from. I know on my previous campers, the water would come from the opposing side from where it opens, Turns out the seal was slightly off and would work loose.

Pictures of where you are finding water may help.

I've looked online and there are no real good pictures of the shower door. Is it a solid door or more of a tension curtain?
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Shortly after we took delivery of ours, I saw a couple of posts about shower leaks (we have the triple glass shower doors), started watching closely. Sure enough ours would leak sometimes too. We found the bottom of the door track would leak. After showering, press down on the track and water would squeeze out. Also the bedroom end of the track was not sealed to prevent overflow to outside. We removed the screws, scraped off sealant along the inside edge of the track & cleaned old sealant at screw holes and ends of the track. Reinstalled screws firmly with sealant around bottom of screw heads; then covered screw heads lightly with sealant also in contact with the track all around screw head (no water can get past the screw head. With track screwed down tight, we sealed along the inside edge of the track-to-shower and at both ends so water can’t get under the track, and can’t run to the outside at the ends of the track. But, you have to also make sure water CAN easily run back to the inside of the shower at the ends. We used silicone sealant rated for bathroom/shower use. No more except when the shower door isn’t closed completely.

Looked to me like the installer at GD was in a hurry. This is an obvious potential leak source that requires attention to detail or leaks will occur. Good luck.
            Doug & Barb
            2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
            2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
            No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
            Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

We also had this leak in our 2021 Imagine 2670MK. Hubby recaulked the bottom inside of the entire track, but didn't help. What we discovered is the water gets into the track unit itself and leaches through and seeps out to the front. The leaky area is at the opposite end from the roller unit that holds the curtain when it's not in use. We had to put silicone inside the track. After it dried and I tried to close and latch the door the latch wouldn't grab. So I had to cut away some of the silicone, but I'm hoping there is still enough to prevent the water from getting to the area that leaks. The door will now latch, but we get a slight wave in the curtain at the bottom since the slider foot cannot get all the way forward due to the silicone. Fortunately it buckles inward so that will just cause the water to run off into the floor pan and not into the track area. We need to leak test it again.
              Dawn Kirk
              2021 GD Imagine 2670MK
              2017 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo Van

Comment

Originally posted by DawnK View Post
                We also had this leak in our 2021 Imagine 2670MK. Hubby recaulked the bottom inside of the entire track, but didn't help. What we discovered is the water gets into the track unit itself and leaches through and seeps out to the front. The leaky area is at the opposite end from the roller unit that holds the curtain when it's not in use. We had to put silicone inside the track. After it dried and I tried to close and latch the door the latch wouldn't grab. So I had to cut away some of the silicone, but I'm hoping there is still enough to prevent the water from getting to the area that leaks. The door will now latch, but we get a slight wave in the curtain at the bottom since the slider foot cannot get all the way forward due to the silicone. Fortunately it buckles inward so that will just cause the water to run off into the floor pan and not into the track area. We need to leak test it again.
                Thank you for the informative post, Dawn, and welcome to the forum!

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I said to my wife I was going to have to sit and watch while she showers- up here in New England, it is still a little chilly over night and she doesn't want that head door opened and closed. I like the idea of pressing down on the bottom track- it really seems like that is where it is coming form- Leaching seems like a correcdt adjective as it clearly did not come through when I sprayed from the inside. One would think the dealership when they re caulked would have lifted the track and done it a new- there are a lot of things on this trailer that say to me, "the factory was more in a hurry to finish it than to do it right." - I know it will be blamed on "covid", and I appreciate the challenge- but, a professional does it right even when they don't feel like it. And, I'm guessing management is the issue, not the workers.

Comment

Hi DawnK , Welcome to the family and the forum! Thank you for your first post contribution.
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

following along as this was a MAJOR concern when we bought our solitude as her parents had a class A that had rotten floor spot in front of the shower due to water issues... as we plan to live in this one for several years ANY potential for damage we can avoid will be addressed !! either by the dealer, GD or Us ...
                      Rusty and Tabatha Parker
                      "NEVERLAND" 2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
                      Currently Coastal Alabama

Comment

I know this is a long time after the original post but we had the issue of water running under the track and into the floor. Found track was not sealed inside just on the outside of the track.
                        I just removed the doors on my shower. The triple track has a small lip on the bottom outside to "help" the water run back into the shower throught the drain holes. There was a strip of weather seal on the bottom as well that was soaked. I stripped it and old caulk off, replaced weather seal with a new strip of MD expanding waterproof foam that raises to 1/8"-1/4", re-caulked both inside and outside the aluminum frame. It is now curing but hopefully this helps our water leaking out of our shower door frame.
                        SATA Adventurers
                        Steve and Tina
                        2021 Reflection 337RLS
                        2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

One more comment on this issue. I also filed down the slots so there is no lip inside the track and the water can flow out into shower pan with nothing to prevent it. Factory is close but w the lip there is always water that cannot escape to the pan. I first started w a v notch but felt that wore the caulk in that spot too much. I increased the filing down to about 3/4” wide (size of my file) smooth w bottom of the track.

We are also using a painter sponge brush to clean between the tracks

Hope this helps someone.
                          SATA Adventurers
                          Steve and Tina
                          2021 Reflection 337RLS
                          2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

Working...
                          X