Newbie -- Where's the Bypass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie -- Where's the Bypass?

Hi there and it's nice to "meet" you! We're new to the forum and new to RVing in general (I have "field" experience thanks to the Army but that is way different... yet the concept of improvising and adapting is very similar and this style is more tranquil). We just purchased our 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH last week and are sanitizing the freshwater system. Does anyone know where the stealth-like 3-way hot water heater bypass stated in the manual when it covers sanitizing the water system is? I'm RN (with an IT/geek background) and despite finding every other model's bypass valve, I'll be darned if I can find ours. I did all the steps to flush minus playing with the bypass valves. We're taking her out to WI (and all points in-between) in three weeks and want to be as ready as possible. Any help on this or any pointers/advice on anything else being we're new to this is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by howson; 05-05-2021, 07:13 PM. Reason: Fixed your signature block...so it's actually in the signature block! :)
    Austin, TX (originally from WI)
    '21 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH
    '21 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 3L Duramax /Blue Ox WDH

I found it! (Persistence does pay off.) Looking directly at the stove, remove the pot/dish drawer below it. With a flashlight, place your head in the opening and look to your left. Walla, there it is. It appears there is a panel that is glued (?) that one could carefully remove and install hinges or some other mechanism to allow easier access (however it does not seem to be too bad going through the opening under the stove). I hope this helps other folks!
    Austin, TX (originally from WI)
    '21 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH
    '21 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 3L Duramax /Blue Ox WDH

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelnMichele View Post
      Hi there ...
      Hopefully you found your thread.

For more on how the forum works, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

For your question....I'm sure a member will be along shortly with an answer.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelnMichele
        I found it! (persistence does pay off.) Looking directly at the stove, remove the pot/dish drawer below it. With a flashlight, place your head in the opening and look to your left. Walla, there it is. It appears there is a panel that is glued (?) that one could carefully remove and install hinges or some other mechanism to allow easier access (however it does not seem to be too bad going through the opening under the stove). I hope this helps other folks!
        Now you're probably really confused! I found the duplicate post after creating this one here...so moved your response, too. I deleted the other (duplicate) thread.

Clear as mud???

Any questions, fire away.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X