Fresh tank deformed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh tank deformed?

I was under the trailer this morning trying to determine why a small but concerning amount of water came out of the coroplast when I unleveled and hooked up after our shakedown trip a few weeks ago. While peaking around between the floor and the coroplast I noticed the fresh tank looked quite saggy, is 3-6inches of sag normal in a fresh tank? attached is about the best photo I could get. According to the drawing on the parts look up, this is not how it left the factory. This tank has only been used for PDI, a tongue weight test in the driveway and about 50% just in case the park we were at hadn't de-winterized the lines when we were there. This is a 56 gallon tank.
    Jonathon, Sarah, Things 1, 2, & 3 Higham
    2020 Silverado 1500
    2021 Transcend Xplor 297QB

Originally posted by jwhigham View Post
    I was under the trailer this morning trying to determine why a small but concerning amount of water came out of the coroplast when I unleveled and hooked up after our shakedown trip a few weeks ago. While peaking around between the floor and the coroplast I noticed the fresh tank looked quite saggy, is 3-6inches of sag normal in a fresh tank? attached is about the best photo I could get. According to the drawing on the parts look up, this is not how it left the factory. This tank has only been used for PDI, a tongue weight test in the driveway and about 50% just in case the park we were at hadn't de-winterized the lines when we were there. This is a 56 gallon tank.
    Yeah I completely removed mine (granted it was after three years of use) and was surprised how flexible the tank was. It deformed quite easily, and even I reinstalled it I reinforced the bottom to help prevent the it from ballooning.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
    X