ABS/PVC coupler savers/reemers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS/PVC coupler savers/reemers

Has anyone ever tried to use a plastic pipe reemer to salvage and reuse a coupler?
    Here is one on amazon
    and another on YouTube
    I am chasing some unwanted water in the underbelly and believe it is coming from one of the first 3 couplers coming out of the rear most grey tank. Once I can fully verify my theory on this I want to be fully prepared to make this repair as soon as the weather and my schedule allow.

On a related note, what is the gray foam they use to seal coroplast penetrations? Can I get it at big box store or do I need to get to an RV supply store?
    Jonathon, Sarah, Things 1, 2, & 3 Higham
    2020 Silverado 1500
    2021 Transcend Xplor 297QB

Originally posted by jwhigham View Post
    Has anyone ever tried to use a plastic pipe reemer to salvage and reuse a coupler?
    Here is one on amazon
    and another on YouTube
    I am chasing some unwanted water in the underbelly and believe it is coming from one of the first 3 couplers coming out of the rear most grey tank. Once I can fully verify my theory on this I want to be fully prepared to make this repair as soon as the weather and my schedule allow.

On a related note, what is the gray foam they use to seal coroplast penetrations? Can I get it at big box store or do I need to get to an RV supply store?
    That is really cool, I didn't know such a tool existed. I believe the type of foam used by the factory to seal the coroplast was mentioned before, but I cannot currently find it, sorry! I also recall people mentioning using Landscape Pond foam and other types of closed cell spray foam. That is the key though, is a closed cell foam that will not absorb water. Good luck!

Steve
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by jwhigham View Post
      I used Great Stuff (bug repellent version) from a big box store. It is messy--use eye and skin protection.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X