Bathroom sink faucet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom sink faucet

We have a 2021 Solitude 2930RL S Class, used frequently since purchase in Feb. The bathroom sink faucet quit working with both city water and water pump. Disassembled, cleaned everything, found no reason for the failure, reassembled and installed and STILL won't work.
    There is water in the supply lines, all other faucets work.
    Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
    Thanks in advance.

Do you have water flow to the sink lines without the faucet?

Could be that there is something plugging the line at the connection between the faucet lines and the feed lines.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by MikeVegas View Post
      We have a 2021 Solitude 2930RL S Class, used frequently since purchase in Feb. The bathroom sink faucet quit working with both city water and water pump. Disassembled, cleaned everything, found no reason for the failure, reassembled and installed and STILL won't work.
      There is water in the supply lines, all other faucets work.
      Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
      Thanks in advance.
      The bathroom sink is the last outlet on the end of the hot and cold water lines in your 2930.

Is it BOTH the hot and cold that don't work?

Does the toilet flush?

How about the shower? Hot and cold work correctly?

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The bathroom sink in this model is in a slide out. I would check where the lines come from the basement area behind the Nautilus panel and travel to the bottom of the slide out. Then I would check how the lines get to the slide out and up to the sink. There could be something in these areas that may have got kinked or crushed from the slide action.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for your response. There is plenty of water flow to the faucet. no kinks or folds in the supply lines.
          First photo shows the base of the faucet with the cartridge removed. There is a small o-ring inside a "basket" . On the arrow side of photo are detents that align the cartridge and the opposite side is the water supply. If I remove the o-ring and basket the water flow is too great and blows onto the floor. If I leave it in place photo 2 shows this is all the better water flow. And this flow is an improvement over what the flow was before I started messing with it.
          We have had the coach for 3 months, everything was fine last week. Spent a week hooked up with no problems. This was not the first time we used the holding tank for water use.
          The design of the faucet does not allow me to put a pipe cleaner through the hole to the faucet end. I did back flush some vinegar through the faucet end back to the o-ring "basket" which may have helped a little.
          There is no blockage in the faucet as when I removed the o-ring the water blew right past the sink onto the floor. I also verified both supply lines have full volume and pressure.
          I have no idea who the manufacturer is as there are no markings of any kind on the faucet. Headed to the plumbing store to see if they can help.
          Thanks again for your ideas and input.

Comment

I took a break, had a sandwich, reread the post and noticed I mentioned the o-ring several times.
            Replaced the o-ring with a new one and that did the trick. Faucet works like it did originally.
            Thanks all, for your ideas and input.

Comment

That is great that you found the problem and posted the results here.

Some have found that this type of faucet "blows" a little water out when using the pump or when there is air in the lines , they have replaced this faucet for that reason. Glad yours is working the way it should.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

MikeVegas Welcome to the family and the technical forum! The moderators have taken the time to create a sticky topic to help new members navigate the various functions of the site and get the most from their time here. You can find the page @ https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I'm sorry for being late, but I'm glad that you were able to resolve it.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Took delivery of a Solitude with this faucet on 8/17/21. The first thing I did was buy a Moen Lindor single hole, Single Lever faucet and replace the POS. No more water blowing all over me and the room.
                  Barry & Karen
                  2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
                  2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by MikeVegas View Post
                    Thanks for your response. There is plenty of water flow to the faucet. no kinks or folds in the supply lines.
                    First photo shows the base of the faucet with the cartridge removed. There is a small o-ring inside a "basket" . On the arrow side of photo are detents that align the cartridge and the opposite side is the water supply. If I remove the o-ring and basket the water flow is too great and blows onto the floor. If I leave it in place photo 2 shows this is all the better water flow. And this flow is an improvement over what the flow was before I started messing with it.
                    We have had the coach for 3 months, everything was fine last week. Spent a week hooked up with no problems. This was not the first time we used the holding tank for water use.
                    The design of the faucet does not allow me to put a pipe cleaner through the hole to the faucet end. I did back flush some vinegar through the faucet end back to the o-ring "basket" which may have helped a little.
                    There is no blockage in the faucet as when I removed the o-ring the water blew right past the sink onto the floor. I also verified both supply lines have full volume and pressure.
                    I have no idea who the manufacturer is as there are no markings of any kind on the faucet. Headed to the plumbing store to see if they can help.
                    Thanks again for your ideas and input.
                    In your first photo it appear there is a screen behind the O-ring. Try soaking the faucet assembly in white vinegar and back flushing the faucet head. It just looks calcified.
                    Keith
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

MikeVegas Welcome to the forum and the Family!.

we are glad you found the solution. ​​​​​​​
                      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                      Nash County, NC
                      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                      X