water for coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
    We also take gallon jugs of water with us for coffee and tea. We do fill the dog's water bowls with campground water but pour it out of one of the gallon jugs we've used so they don't know they are drinking the cheap stuff.
    LOL! I have told the story of our "water quality inspectors". At a new campground, I put down a bowl of campground water. At least one out of three times, Molly and Angel won't touch it. We don't connect to those water sources, unless absolutely necessary . . . which is why we never drink from our onboard water tank.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8030.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.9 KB ID:	56134
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 06-01-2021, 04:00 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I had written about installing a low waste RO in the rig but too many other things on our minds at this time. I will install an RO in our next place where there may be an opportunity to fill a jug for coffee and cooking or the bottled water is always easy. Easy can be good.

The pic of Robs dogs is priceless where the nose knows.

Jim

Comment

yes they are, RO system interesting I worked with several RO systems for John Deere in MX and India if you can clean that water you can clean any
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

We have a 3-stage Clearsource for water coming in to the trailer, either city water or filling the tank. i also sanitize the fresh tank three times a year.

On the outbound side, water for coffee, tea and other drinking goes through a Berkey that sits on the coffee bar. We also keep a gallon of water in the fridge that has gone through the same process.
          Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
          Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
          2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
          Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
          Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

we carry 2 1 gal jugs with some drinking water in them and keep them topped off with a berkey filter. helps keep the weight down during travel then campground or tank is just fine.
            2021 Solitude 390RK
            No truck - don't travel

Comment

We just carry gallons of distilled water for the Keurig and Cpap. The most we start out with is 4 since we will be shopping anyway.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I have no problem drinking from the fresh water tank.It's ....fresh water. Heck, I remember seeing a show about bottled water seven or eight years ago where the water in some of the packaged water was over a year old. We are in full control of what goes into that tank and when it gets cleaned etc. So I'm confident in drinking the contents.
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Berkey (far right on stand) -- same thing we do at home (except the one at the house is larger). His & her coffee pots and a new "Sodastream" for my seltzers (saves carrying cases of seltzer in aluminum cans). The Vitamix is for the daily "green juice" (veggies, carrot juice and lots of fruit) to maintain a healthy immune system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Berkey.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	56420
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    Berkey (far right on stand) -- same thing we do at home (except the one at the house is larger). His & her coffee pots and a new "Sodastream" for my seltzers (saves carrying cases of seltzer in aluminum cans). The Vitamix is for the daily "green juice" (veggies, carrot juice and lots of fruit) to maintain a healthy immune system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Berkey.JPG Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	56420
                    Howard,

You should check out the Vitamix scale that works through Bluetooth and measures each ingredient one at a time for a perfect ****tail or healthy drink every time. Can measure for one or many drinks. We have a soda stream and like it very much.

Jim

Comment

Im gona need a bigger trailer..............
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS
                      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                        Im gona need a bigger trailer..............
                        For every item we've added two were removed, things we ended up not needing. Don't worry, you'll figure out what 'works" for you.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

You haven't met my wife.... haha
                          2021 Reflection 303RLS
                          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

howson
                            You look like my kind of coffee guy. LOTS!
                            Seriously...Does that thing hold two gallons or three?
                            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                            Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Working...
                            X