Split washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split washer

We found leaking water behind the panel where the water hose connects. Discovered this cracked washer and believe this must be the culprit. We are traveling and having a heck of a time trying to find something that will work (currently at Glacier National Park). Anyone have suggestions or know the name of this part so I might be able to order one and have it overnighted to us?
    Retired husband taking the wife on what might be (but hope not) her last bucket list road trip with our 15yo daughter. (Progressive Multiple Sclerosis). Driving a Toyota Tundra pulling our 2020 Imagine 2400BH.

RandyandKristie I would take the washer/gasket/seal and drive to Hungry Horse or Kalispel or the nearest hardware store and see what they may have in the plumbing section. Looks like a compression type seal to me, is it soft, hard,.....? Good luck.

Dave
    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Hello, thank you. It is a soft piece. I got a response from Grand Design, they say:

Looks to be a cone washer it is part of the 1/2 inch female threaded adapters that screw into the nautilus system or the fresh water selector valves on your product.

I'm struggling to find a part number to see if we can order it.
      we did get a basic cone washer at a local store - hopefully it will work. Fingers crossed!
      Retired husband taking the wife on what might be (but hope not) her last bucket list road trip with our 15yo daughter. (Progressive Multiple Sclerosis). Driving a Toyota Tundra pulling our 2020 Imagine 2400BH.

Comment

Bring it to any reasonably sized RV dealer and he will sell you a handful. Do not use the black ones as they aren't as good as the one you have in the picture. Always have a few spares in your kit.
        Pierre & Tara
        2021 Imagine 2600RB
        2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
        1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Comment

Any hardware store will have them.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210604-203801_Chrome.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	56457
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thank you all. So far we haven't been successful. Not any of the hardware stores have had one that fits. Driving a bit further today to find a larger hardware store. Worst case, I'll have to order (thanks TedS) get expedited shipping and cross my fingers it gets here on Tuesday. Will update soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                Any hardware store will have them.
                We are crossing our fingers that the ones we drive to today will. So far, no luck.

Comment

As an alternative, look for a pex to swivel fitting instead of just the seal. It will have a cone seal in it that you could use.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

You should have those in your low point drains. As a temporary fix swap the split one with one from one of your low point drains. A drip, drip, drip under the trailer from the low point drain is far better than a drip, drip, drip inside your camper.
                    Charles and Susan
                    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                    Andersen Hitch
                    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

RandyandKristie

Many different residential plumbing fittings now use these cone seals. Buy any one of these and just use the seal.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2612.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	56510
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks everyone. My wife's hack in the bay to catch the leak a d divert it out of the trailer is a classic one for now - but we've been able to find the hopefully proper part today and will be able to check it out later this evening when we get back to camp. In the meantime, we're still doing our best to explore the area here and check out some of the local breweries.
                        heres some pictures of the wife's hack for your amusement

Comment

Originally posted by RandyandKristie View Post
                          Thanks everyone. My wife's hack in the bay to catch the leak a d divert it out of the trailer is a classic one for now - but we've been able to find the hopefully proper part today and will be able to check it out later this evening when we get back to camp. In the meantime, we're still doing our best to explore the area here and check out some of the local breweries.
                          heres some pictures of the wife's hack for your amusement
                          That is awesome and super resourceful. I'll keep that solution in mind if I ever need to borrow it! You should file a patent
                          2019 Imagine 2400BH
                          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

RandyandKristie

The wife may get "Hack of The Year" honors for that, great idea!

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Well, we found the part, but still had leaks. Found the only shop here willing to work us in to their schedule. (Berguson RV in Kalispell 🙌). They took a look and discovered the culprit was the whole faucet assembly - both sides were chewed up / worn out inside. 😳 the tech here said that can happen in older trailers, but that he hasn't seen it in ones as new as ours and this shouldn't happen in a 2020 trailer. 🤷‍♀️ also the city water / tank fill assembly is bad and needs to be replaced as that is dripping a super slow drip. The current plan is to just terminate the outdoor faucet and bypass it all together for this trip and deal with it either when we get to a larger town - or after our 8 week trip and are back home. As far as th re city/tank assembly, we're wrapping that up in the hopes it ebbs the drip even more until we can get one from Grand Design- they're my next call. The tech guy here is so awesome and may have saved our vacation journey - spent an hour working on our trailer and only asked for $20 when we told him we couldn't let him do all that for free. Now to cross our fingers grand design can come through with the broken part in good time.
                              Last edited by RandyandKristie; 06-08-2021, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X