2021 303RLS Hot water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 303RLS Hot water

So just got my new 303rls and it came with a insta-hot for my hot water. Did anyone els get that? Was this an option? If so I did not order mine that way. I like it, a lot. Yes it has it down falls but it’s great for me..

Originally posted by theboss17 View Post
    So just got my new 303rls and it came with a insta-hot for my hot water. Did anyone els get that? Was this an option? If so I did not order mine that way. I like it, a lot. Yes it has it down falls but it’s great for me..
    Ours also came with the tankless hot water. We’ll be out for our first trip in a few days...I’ll have to let you know how it’s goes.

What are the things you don’t like?
    Kathi & Victor
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2020 RAM Big Horn Cummins Diesel
    NE Wisconsin

Comment

Grand Design (and all other RV manufacturers) are scrambling to work through industry wide component shortages. Lack of traditional water heaters led to the upgrade to the tankless units. There are still some issues to sort out WRT operation below freezing . . . Furrion (the manufacturer) is working on this. Note that your owners manual says to not operate below 39F.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob,
        Ya I seen the thread on this. Concerning for us as We camp in below 40 all the time..

Vic,
        down fall is when our at a campsite that does not have full hookups. You have to watch water usage. So turning the shower off and on you will get a cool splash ever time you turn the shower head back on. Unless you bring a caddy then shower a way.

Comment

We also have a tankless works great. Were dry camping now and we always wash hair and lather up with shower head button in to stop water flow. Ours trickles very lightly and when you go back to water we have not experienced any cold splash.
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            Grand Design (and all other RV manufacturers) are scrambling to work through industry wide component shortages. Lack of traditional water heaters led to the upgrade to the tankless units. There are still some issues to sort out WRT operation below freezing . . . Furrion (the manufacturer) is working on this. Note that your owners manual says to not operate below 39F.

Rob
            Three plus full timing years with tankless heater (Suburban, not Furrion) including some very cold temperatures (SD in late November, early December) with no problem. When low temps get to mid-30's we go on our tanks, which have heaters, and use our furnace which keeps the waterlines in the belly warm and also heats the basement. I've opened up the wall/divider between the basement and the mechanical area so that I can monitor for leaks easier, but this also makes sure that there is plenty of warmth in the mechanical area. In short, ambient temperature may be low but if you keep internal temps up you should be okay.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

theboss17 and GonOuttaHere Welcome to the family and the forum!
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                theboss17 and GonOuttaHere Welcome to the family and the forum!
                Thank you!
                Kathi & Victor
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                2020 RAM Big Horn Cummins Diesel
                NE Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Rob
                  We are looking for our next GD. Maybe a 315 or a 337? HOWEVER, the tankless water heater is a deal breaker. Lack of reliability, high amperage draw, and low temperature concerns make a Furrion tankless unacceptable. Besides, our gas/electric water heater still serves us well.

Comment

Working...
                  X