Move city water inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move city water inlet

I would like to have my city water inlet on the rear wall of my 2021 Transcend 200MK. I find it annoying inside the basement compartment. Anyone do this modification?. Pex,Pvc, or hose? Would I keep the check valve where it is in the basement storage or move that to the rear wall? I confess I haven't crawled under to look all challenges yet. Or possibly do the mod from the water heater compartment?
    2021 Transcend Xplor 200MK

Well I wont say it is not doable but,,, The fresh tank is located under the front of the RV so you will have to pipe water from the rear all the way to the front inside the frame and I would guess that you would want a little bit of fall from the fill port to the tank and no bellies in the line to hole water if you are in an area that you need to winterize. I would also suggest that you use a check valve at the new fill port. You should be able to get a new fill port with a check valve and leave the stock on in its location.

By the way welcome to the Forum , here is a little helpful letter Welcome Letter to New Members - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com).

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Does the Transcend series have the same City Water / Fresh Tank Fill selector valve as the Imagine series, the blue valve in this photo?
      If so, it might be easier to install a new check valve at the rear and tap into a cold water line somewhere.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodjohn View Post
        I would like to have my city water inlet on the rear wall of my 2021 Transcend 200MK. I find it annoying inside the basement compartment. Anyone do this modification?. Pex,Pvc, or hose? Would I keep the check valve where it is in the basement storage or move that to the rear wall? I confess I haven't crawled under to look all challenges yet. Or possibly do the mod from the water heater compartment?
        I moved my Nautilus water inlet underneath the compartment for easier access. I used a mix of PEX and a schedule 80 nipple, and it was pretty straightforward. I found a brass check valve with pex connections at both ends at Home Depot and used that. At the connection I converted to female garden hose thread and then attached a hose quick connect, so I just need to pop my hose on and away I go. When I am done I disconnect the hose and the piping drains up to the check valve.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hotrodjohn Welcome to the Family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X