Stinky Slinky Storage Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinky Slinky Storage Upgrade

This is minor and I did it last year....but I am rethinking things for our modification post.

After one of our early camping trips, I noticed I was missing the bumper insert where we store (2) of the 10' stinky slinkies. Concerned that (unlikely thought it may be) that a hose may work its way out....I purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722Y4SHY...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I am currently only using the end that connects to the hose. The magnet is pretty strong. The other side still has the factory insert. I keep assuming it will get lost too and then I will switch to the other side. In one of the pictures you can see how the factory slowly removes itself.

Someday I like the idea of doing something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Adju...4309848&sr=8-1

It is not easy to get in and out of the bumper....and despite the fact that so many do it....I don't think it is designed for it?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bellis; 06-22-2021, 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Originally posted by bellis View Post
    This is minor and I did it last year....but I am rethinking things for our modification post.

After one of our early camping trips, I noticed I was missing the bumper insert where we store (2) of the 10' stinky slinkies. Concerned that (unlikely thought it may be) that a host may work its way out....I purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722Y4SHY...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I am currently only using the end that connects to the hose. The magnet is pretty strong. The other side still has the factory insert. I keep assuming it will get lost too and then I will switch to the other side. In one of the pictures you can see how the factory slowly removes itself.

Someday I like the idea of doing something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Adju...4309848&sr=8-1

It is not easy to get in and out of the bumper....and despite the fact that so many do it....I don't think it is designed for it?
    Yeah they will, sneaky little boogers..

Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post

Yeah they will, sneaky little boogers..
      I use this device on one end and on the other I drilled straight down through the bumper and the rubber cap and ran a brass welding rod through it with a 90 deg bent at the top. It stays retained. The magnetic cap is perfect but it will will eventually rust out and will need replacement.

Jim

Comment

Hey bellis - I have a long story on how I ended up with my solution but won't bore you with that.

What I did is run a long piece of small Paracord through the bumper and connected to each cap on each end of the bumper. Similar to how kids have a sting on their mittens that you run through their jacket.

I seriously doubt either of my hoses would come out on their own. They are snug and take some pulling to get them out of the bumper. I drilled a small hole in each end cap to allow expanding air to escape and not expand the hose. After I made my cord mod I went outside and one of the bumper caps was popped off. Took me a minute to figure out the hose had expanded.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Screw it... Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Hose 2.JPG
Views:	1200
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	58281
          John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
          2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
          ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
          2017 Jayco 26BH
          2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
            Hey bellis - I have a long story on how I ended up with my solution but won't bore you with that.

What I did is run a long piece of small Paracord through the bumper and connected to each cap on each end of the bumper. Similar to how kids have a sting on their mittens that you run through their jacket.

I seriously doubt either of my hoses would come out on their own. They are snug and take some pulling to get them out of the bumper. I drilled a small hole in each end cap to allow expanding air to escape and not expand the hose. After I made my cord mod I went outside and one of the bumper caps was popped off. Took me a minute to figure out the hose had expanded.
            That's pretty clever...I like that.
            2020 Imagine 2400BH
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
              Screw it... Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Hose 2.JPG
Views:	1200
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	58281
              Ha! What product is that? That's not the bumper is it? Photo looks like it is under the rig?
              2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

Ha! What product is that? That's not the bumper is it? Photo looks like it is under the rig?
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Sewer Hose 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	179.1 KB ID:	58340it's a plastic 4" x 6' fence post I painted black and hung across the frame to hold a second stinky slinky.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sewer Hose 5.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.6 KB ID:	58341
                John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
                2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
                ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
                2017 Jayco 26BH
                2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Sewer Hose 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	179.1 KB ID:	58340it's a plastic 4" x 6' fence post I painted black and hung across the frame to hold a second stinky slinky.

Click image for larger version Name:	Sewer Hose 5.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.6 KB ID:	58341
                  Love it. How much was it? I know those fence items can be pricey....but $60 for the under rig linked above.
                  2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X