Freshwater tank drain valve on new 2021 22RBE has a steady drip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshwater tank drain valve on new 2021 22RBE has a steady drip

Just put water in the freshwater tank in our new 2021 22RBE and noticed a steady drip coming from the freshwater tank drain valve. I didn't notice this at the delivery walkthrough. It is about 1 or 2 drops per second and appears to be coming out of the drain itself, not running down the outside of the valve. I opened and shut the valve a couple of times with no change. Is there a way to tighten this up, or is a new gasket or valve needed? Still a few weeks away from our first trip so no huge rush, but don't want to take it to the dealer for this.
    Any suggestions?
    2021 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 6.4 L

Originally posted by alias100 View Post
    Just put water in the freshwater tank in our new 2021 22RBE and noticed a steady drip coming from the freshwater tank drain valve. I didn't notice this at the delivery walkthrough. It is about 1 or 2 drops per second and appears to be coming out of the drain itself, not running down the outside of the valve. I opened and shut the valve a couple of times with no change. Is there a way to tighten this up, or is a new gasket or valve needed? Still a few weeks away from our first trip so no huge rush, but don't want to take it to the dealer for this.
    Any suggestions?
    I had a similar issue on mine. Everytime I put water in it would drip. I drained it and then opened the valve the whole way. Swept my finger inside the opening and found PVC shavings inside. Closed the valve, put water in and no more drip. I think you probably have PVC shavings in the blade valve stopping it from completely closing.

Until it resolved I was considering replacing the blade valve with a ball valve.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

The four screws visible on the corners of the valve could be loose , you can check these for tightness. Also if you drain the tank and remove those screws you will be able to inspect the blade valve. The pipe above the blade valve screws into the bottom of the tank. I had found that mine was a little loose. Shavings as mentioned above are also likely culprits.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think it was much ado about nothing. I did what some of you recommended, opened the drain and wiped around the valve, closed it, and no leaks. I wish I had put something under the drain to see what came out. Shavings getting in the valve makes sense.
        2021 22RBE
        2021 Ram 2500 6.4 L

Comment

Working...
        X