Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 24mpr - What drains into Gray Tank 1 and 2

Hi folks,

We're boondocking and have a full Grey tank 1. Still have 2/3 gray tank two available.

We have a shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, and a sink in the garage. Right now, I don't know what drains into which gray tank. Assuming bathroom sink and shower drain into Gray 1. What about the kitchen sink and the garage sink?

Another question - Is there an overflow pipe between the two gray tanks, like if we fill #1 up, will it spill over to #2?

Thanks.

Originally posted by vipergts46 View Post
    Hi folks,

We're boondocking and have a full Grey tank 1. Still have 2/3 gray tank two available.

We have a shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, and a sink in the garage. Right now, I don't know what drains into which gray tank. Assuming bathroom sink and shower drain into Gray 1. What about the kitchen sink and the garage sink?

Another question - Is there an overflow pipe between the two gray tanks, like if we fill #1 up, will it spill over to #2?

Thanks.
    From the drawings I have access to your tank layout is as follows.

Rear grey tank has the garage sink, shower , bath sink all plumbed into it. This tank is about in line with the shower from side to side.

The black tank is directly under the toilet and extends side to side.

The front grey tank is for the kitchen sink only. there is a sump pump under the sink because it is in a slide and the tank is located just inside the entry door and also oriented side to side.

The side to side is the longest part of the tank.

It also appears that you have 2 drain ports , this will not allow you to connect both grey tanks to equalize the contents and get more use from one or the other. You can do this with some creative plumbing , but not easily done while dry camping.

There are no overflow pipes inside the RV that connects the 2 grey tanks.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Kitchen pump

Comment

Pump for drainage not going on.

Comment

mandoman

​​​​​​Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

From the limited information in your posts, I am guessing that you have a sink in a slide that uses a drain sump and a pump to transfer from the slide to the grey tank. In this sump there is a float switch which turns the pump on and off. This sump needs to be cleaned out regularly to keep it functioning properly.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

From the drawings I have access to your tank layout is as follows.

Rear grey tank has the garage sink, shower , bath sink all plumbed into it. This tank is about in line with the shower from side to side.

The black tank is directly under the toilet and extends side to side.

The front grey tank is for the kitchen sink only. there is a sump pump under the sink because it is in a slide and the tank is located just inside the entry door and also oriented side to side.

The side to side is the longest part of the tank.

It also appears that you have 2 drain ports , this will not allow you to connect both grey tanks to equalize the contents and get more use from one or the other. You can do this with some creative plumbing , but not easily done while dry camping.

There are no overflow pipes inside the RV that connects the 2 grey tanks.

Brian
            Forgot to follow up on this. Thanks, you saved me from overflowing the tank!

Comment

Working...
            X