Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet fresh water or pressure valve (or some type thing) leaking

Hi all,

We have a 2020 Reflection 312BHTS. On our last time out we were noticing some water pooling behind the toilet. After wiping the area dry we proved that when flushing there is a trickle of water hitting the floor. I was a bit confused at first because following the source brought me up high above where I thought the plumbing existed. What I found is there is a valve that is spewing water out the top with each flush. It appears to be part of the fresh water/flushing process. It is a cylinder with a hole on top and a gasket inside. See the attached picture. The picture is taken from the top down. The valve is tucked up back behind the top of the toilet. The hole faces the ceiling and water is coming out the hole. I don't understand how it works or what is wrong with it. See the attached picture. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Timmer; 07-05-2021, 12:58 PM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS

That almost looks like a Vacuum breaker. Can you confirm make and model of the toilet? \

Part number 3 https://www.thetford.com/part/aqua-magic-style-ii/
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      That almost looks like a Vacuum breaker. Can you confirm make and model of the toilet? \

Part number 3 https://www.thetford.com/part/aqua-magic-style-ii/
      Joseph is correct.

There is probably some debris stuck in the vacuum break from the new trailer construction process. If you are really stuck, you might be able to remove the valve, clean it out and put it back . . . but, easiest is to just replace it. Buy two and put one in your "spares" bin . . . these things are not known for "longevity".

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Ok. The longer I am on this forum the more it nags at me…. Just how big is ya’lls spare bin???? I think I need a toy hauler so I can put in shelves. I envisioned camping, not rolling parts store!!!!okay done now.
        2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
        Traded 2021 Reflection 337
        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
        Formerly M&K337

Comment

@M&K337 My spares selection started out quite small. Over time if something broke I bought two. I now have a fair inventory that seems to keep growing to the point that many items that are not critical to trip completion live at home, then there is the stuff that I could not find until I bought another then there it is. There is also the stuff I thought I would need but never did. The DW will sometimes question my desire to collect things that don't get used. It is an affliction for me. It all started with off shore sail boats, I am trying to recover, I suppose it is a multi step process.

Dave
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by M&K337 View Post
            Just how big is ya’lls spare bin???? I
            Mine is not that big. I have one kitchen drawer with spare parts in it and the first aid kits, things I may want to get my hands on in a hurry. Then there is the electrical box, about the size of a fishing tackle box. The "odd parts" bin is the most fun, another fishing tackle box, but I have to go in there from time to time just to remember what I stuffed in there, anyone need a rear sprocket for Suzuki DR650? Another fishing tackle box has tapes, zip ties, bungy cords in it, The last fishing tackle box has odd tools in it, hole cutters, sink wrenches, miter saw, hack saw, motor cycle tire wrenches, stuff like that.

Then there are the plastic crates, they call them filing crates for paperwork now, but BITD they called them egg crates. 3 of those. The one closest to the door has current project parts, repairs that I am making today or this next week. I get interrupted so I put the stuff in that crate so it's easy to get back to. Then there is the cleaning products crate. And then the mystery crate. I call it the mystery crate because it is buried in behind the other two crates and I often can't remember what I put in there. About twice a year I ;pull everything out and throw away what I haven't used in a year. This pretty much guarantees that whatever I threw away I will need in the next week or so I can go by fresh. Of course this is a domestic no win situation, DW wants to know why I keep all that junk and then later she wants to know why I spend so much money on junk.

See hardly anything at all.
            2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
            2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
            E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
            Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Originally posted by M&K337 View Post
              Ok. The longer I am on this forum the more it nags at me…. Just how big is ya’lls spare bin???? I think I need a toy hauler so I can put in shelves. I envisioned camping, not rolling parts store!!!!okay done now.
              Wait to you see Rob's Cate&Rob storage, tools, parts, etc. "chest" in his front compartment. I think he has more stuff in there than the GDRV on the road Service Techs do in their trailers and trucks ! Heck, Rob probably has more than most dealers ! Always camp next to Rob !

Dan
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Well . . . since Dan brought this up, attached are some details on my 303RLS front compartment "workshop" built several years ago. This space is essentially unchanged today, although I also carry a small bin of plumbing parts and another of mechanical parts. The attached picture is from a Rally several years ago when the group was small enough that the president would stop by for a (Canadian) beer and to check out what we had added to his RVs.

Rob

RV Front Compartment.pdf Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2017-02-24 at 11.09 AM.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	60447
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X