No announcement yet.

Fresh water hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mokey As mentioned you may find that different male hose ends fit differently. While it's best to have the screen in the fitting at the panel, if it's causing issues, you can place it the next connection. This will still provide majority of the protection from debris in water lines, but not if the hose itself has something in it. Run the hose for a short time to ensure it's clear of debris before hooking up.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I had a similar problem with mine (at least I thought). I removed the washer, made sure nothing was cracked and used a real rubber washer without a screen. I then attached an almost 90° elbow with a bit of teflon (not really required but a habit) that had a screen on the other end. Removed screen and used a quick connect. On the post, I have a two way valve (brass), a pressure regulator, a cheap Camco filter and then the hose. Prior to hook up I flush water thru the whole thing just to clear out any potential debris prior to hooking up to the elbow in service bay.

Only leaks occasionally at connections on post that a twist will resolve.

All washers are the real rubber kind, not the cheap hard plastic ones, I have had so many issues with these over the years in the garden that I replace them all.

Got the idea of the quick connect from reading posts by Cate & Rob.

Pierre
      Pierre & Tara
      2021 Imagine 2600RB
      2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
      1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Comment

I carry a couple of extra quick connects with me, especially the bib end. When we get to the site, I screw the quick connect onto the post first, then hook up the hose. Much easier and faster, especially if thy have the bib in an awkward position, or the hose is having one of it's non cooperative days.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I use a quick connect at the inlet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210707_085405.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	60169