City water inlet fitting on 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City water inlet fitting on 2600RB

I'm curious if the city water inlet on the 2600RB is entirely made of plastic, or if it is made of brass or stainless steel. The twist connector is plastic, and the screen appears to be stainless. I want to attach a 90-degree "L" connector and don't want to mix brass and stainless together. If it's all plastic, then it doesn't matter.

Originally posted by gds707ca View Post
    I'm curious if the city water inlet on the 2600RB is entirely made of plastic, or if it is made of brass or stainless steel. The twist connector is plastic, and the screen appears to be stainless. I want to attach a 90-degree "L" connector and don't want to mix brass and stainless together. If it's all plastic, then it doesn't matter.
    Mine is all plastic on the 2970RL.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

IIRC everything in the fitting other than the screen is plastic. They are made by a company that specializes in plastic molding. Rob may kick in later as he has pulled the Nautilus panel down the farthest to change the lines on the back.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

The water inlet on the panel is all plastic , but , there is the stainless screen and also a check valve that has a stainless spring. Using the brass elbow will not cause any issues with the stainless.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I bought a complete replacement from a local small dealer because I didn't want to have trouble with the plastic stuff. About $33. For me, money and time well spent.
          Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
          TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Working...
          X