Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this ODD or what? What in the world could have happened here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this ODD or what? What in the world could have happened here?

Situation: So, I go (#1) and proceed to flush. The water coming into the toilet in is very dark grey, clearly in the light black portion of the color spectrum. It only lasts in what I would estimate to be about 1/2 gallon at most and then turns clear again and remains clear. What? I then realize that a couple hours ago my DW did her monthly hair color routine and rinsed in the shower. My confusion is, what connection could there possibly be between the INCOMING water supply and the grey OUTGOING used water from the shower? Hoping someone can provide some clarification on what appears (to me anyway) to be an impossible connection/relationship. Much thanks in advance.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

The possibility of that happening is about 0. I would have to wonder when was the last time the toilet was used. If had been a while it is possible that there was some build up of "off" colored water in the line. Has there been a lot of rain in the area? Have you noticed any other peculiar water while staying at this camp ground?

Just thinking of a better answer than "the grey water from the shower is going into the toilet flushing line" , just doesn't sound like it could happen.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian. We are traveling so the toilet is flushed often every day. Yes, we are on our last day of a 6 day stay at a campground in NH. Yes there has been Tons of rain and standing water here in the past 3 days (Elsa). Yes, standing water all over the campgrounds and no more or less on our site than any other site. With that info in mind, do you have any other thoughts or ideas? Much thanks again Brian.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Not much else to add. I would guess the camp ground water supply but you would see it else where in the RV. If there is some kind of connection between grey and fresh you would have seen it before this.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Not much else to add. I would guess the camp ground water supply but you would see it else where in the RV. If there is some kind of connection between grey and fresh you would have seen it before this.

Brian
          Ok Brian. Appreciate your input. If it doesn’t reappear again after leaving here tomorrow I’ll suppose it would end up in the occasional RV anomaly category. Only other thought is that someone else may chime in. Thanks again, travel safely. 🚌🇺🇸⚓️
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Is there a filter attached to the city water input?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              Is there a filter attached to the city water input?
              Hey Howard. Yes but for this stay it’s only the basic blue in-line style, about 3 weeks old, I have an extra one plus a large higher quality style I was saving for the GD rally if you think that may be a solution.
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

When a “basic blue in-line” filter is new, it will produce grey/black water until the loose carbon is flushed out. This sounds like that . . . except the filter is not new. Maybe an impact to the filter loosened some internal carbon?

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yes that could be. Now that you mention it, the color of the water was just like when the new filter is installed and we have to let it run a minute or so to clear up.
                  Although I’ve not noticed any odd colored water in either sink nor the shower, I think I’ll swap it out for a new one at our next campsite tomorrow afternoon. Tks for your input Rob.
                  Dave and Sue
                  2020 GD 2250RK
                  Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Flush that filter each time it is used. I have found colored water comes out each time.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                      Flush that filter each time it is used. I have found colored water comes out each time.

Brian
                      Gotcha, thanks Brian, I’ll give that a try. Safe Travels. 🚌
                      Dave and Sue
                      2020 GD 2250RK
                      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
                      X