Water filter flow restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water filter flow restrictions?

I have the single Camco water filter I use inline when filling my tank, has any one measured the restriction of a new filter? Just looking at my flow at the house without and with the water filter seems like its at least half or more. My filter I have used several times this year (approx. 5 weeks total) just wondering if its time to change already. The flow still seems ok just takes about 20 min to fill my water tank
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    I have the single Camco water filter I use inline when filling my tank, has any one measured the restriction of a new filter? Just looking at my flow at the house without and with the water filter seems like its at least half or more. My filter I have used several times this year (approx. 5 weeks total) just wondering if its time to change already. The flow still seems ok just takes about 20 min to fill my water tank
    I have not measured it, but it put enough restriction that my Camco water bandit blew apart trying to power full my tank. Without it, no problems. And it was a new large size filter so not clogged.
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Dennis66 Dennis, it takes about 20 minutes or more to fill my fresh water tank. I run through a Camco water filter and a FlowPur RV-10,000 (https://flowpur.com/collections/rv-p...table-softener) when filling the tank.

It's always possible that something happened when you were filling the tank and plugged the filter. Try changing it out to see if it's possibly plugged.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Not plugged it takes me 20 min also, I had water on and it flows just fine through the filter I was just curious what the restriction had on the flow vs time to fill tank.
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Just about any added valve, pressure regulator, filter, or even a quick connect fitting will create flow restriction. Often, it is not the function of the device that creates the restriction, but the openings by which the water gets in or out of the device. If you look into the inlet of many of these devices that attach to a 1/2" (or larger) ID hose, you will see a 1/4" (or smaller) opening for the water to get through. Something to consider, when purchasing any of these devices.

For a filter, the inlet restriction might be required to match the filtering capability of the filter media. To borrow from a similar residential well water project that I was involved in, multiple filter cartridges in parallel was the answer. This would be fairly simple to plumb together for two inline "blue" cartridges in parallel, if you need more flow capacity.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X