Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not PEX, toilet water shut off fail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBinMcD Welcome to he Family and the forum!! The only real long term solution is to eliminate all soft hose that is under constant pressure when in use.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      d2reid

My very first foray into the world of RV plumbing was exactly the line you are working on. I attempted to jam a shark bite type valve onto the soft hose (first picture) only to find that while wrestling that valve into position, I had disturbed the soft hose to Pex connection just below the floor and it was now leaking. (Something that you might want to check .) Next attempt was all Pex with a better valve. This configuration (second picture) has been leak free for years.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	60650Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2775.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	60651
      Since I have my black water tank out, I'm trying to fix these issues while I have access...curious, Rob, why not use a regular residential flexible hose to attach the toilet water line, you know, the braided metal ones we all have in our house? I was considering replacing the vinyl leg with pex and installing it to a pex thru-floor fitting that mounts to the floor, with an attached ball valve then just using a standard residential water line. But, since no one seems to do that, thought I'd inquire. Is it better to have the flex pipe running through the floor without being mounted to floor?

Erik
      Erik & Tea
      2021 Reflection 297RSTS
      2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
      ProPride hitch

Comment

Popga
        Hi Erik,

This is such an obvious solution . . . I can’t believe that no one has proposed this idea before! Any location that has a leaking Pex to soft hose connection could be replaced with a Pex to MPT fitting and a stainless steel braided line . . . as you suggest. Please post some pictures after you do this . . . I am sure that others will want to do this same thing.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X