Can straight bleach or a mixture of bleach be put in gray and black tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can straight bleach or a mixture of bleach be put in gray and black tanks

Wanting to sanatize my tanks can I mix some bleach and water and put in the tanks?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

If you are wanting to sanitize the entire system, here is https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...itizing-system

As far as the black / gray tanks IMHO, almost any bleach / water ratio would be fine. I'm just not sure about leaving a high concentration in contach with the blade valve seals for a lextended period.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
      Wanting to sanatize my tanks can I mix some bleach and water and put in the tanks?
      Use the process as documented in the owners manual. Changing Lanes (Youtube) has an entire video on the topic.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I may not understand the question, but I am not sure why you would want to sanitize your waste tanks. Sanitizing kills the bacteria, and you need the bacteria in your waste tanks to break down the solids.

As for the fresh water tank, yes, you will want to add bleach to do that. The standard ratio is 1/4 cup (2 oz) per 15 gallons of tank capacity, Usually, it's easier to handle if you mix the bleach with a few gallons of water before you try to pour it, or pump it in. And be sure you use bleach containing Sodium Hypochlorite, not the "non chlorine" bleach.

I hope this helps.
        Bob
        Last edited by RJAPCOK; 07-17-2021, 09:45 PM.
        Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
        2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

I sanitized my water system at start of season was thinking a little bleach in the gray tanks would be good but maybe not.
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Short answer, yes. But I would be careful that no other chemicals go down the drain/toilet that may not play well with bleach.

I don't think you need to 'sanitize' grey and black tanks. I would do us in products that help keep them clean along with the sensors in the tank.

We have just started putting the same product we us on our black tank into the grey tanks. Half a pack in each grey tank.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Google , T R Bowlin. He has a video about the Bio-Geo method of cleaning black tanks with Borax and Dawn liquid soap. Definitely worth watching and he uses Zep citric degreaser to clean gray tanks. Have used his method myself and it works.
              Barry & Karen
              2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
              2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
              X