Blue hose hanging down near fresh water tank drain on RLS303

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue hose hanging down near fresh water tank drain on RLS303

There is a hose hanging down near the fresh water tank drain valve. See Photo. I think it's an overfill for the fresh water tank, correct? The demonstrator was adamant about not overfilling the tank. How can you tell if its full if it doesn't come out a overfill? Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Jim & Dot
    Richfield, WI.
    2021 Reflections 303RLS 5th wheel
    2015 GMC 2500HD Double Cab w/Duramax

That is the over flow for the fresh tank.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Dot View Post
      There is a hose hanging down near the fresh water tank drain valve. See Photo. I think it's an overfill for the fresh water tank, correct? The demonstrator was adamant about not overfilling the tank. How can you tell if its full if it doesn't come out a overfill? Any suggestions? Thanks.
      The two linked threads below will give more details behind the "why" along with ideas of how to avoid losing water and even eliminated the siphoning problem all together.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...flow-revisited

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...problem-solved
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Dot View Post
        How can you tell if its full if it doesn't come out a overfill? Any suggestions? Thanks.
        Not sure if your question and answer is covered in all the posts in the links that Howard shared. GDRV and I believe covered in our Owners Manuals (it has been a while since I looked) states to look at the water level gauge in the RV on the electrical switch/monitor panel to see when the tank is full. This is tedious for a "one person operation" and not really an accurate measure of when the tank is really full.

Most folks do fill to the point of water just starting to come out of the overflow and immediately stop. I think the concern for GDRV is that folks can and do get distracted or do not pay attention to the water coming out the blue overfill tube and continue to fill the tank (at times with high water flow volume) thus potentially damaging the fresh water tank or worse. I suspect this has happened more than a few times.

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
        X