Nautilus Panel Tag??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautilus Panel Tag??

There is a tag on Nautilus Panel on my RLS303 that reads, "Do not depress city water connection valve with pressure in line". She photo. What is meant bu the City Water Connection Valve? Thanks
    Jim & Dot
    Richfield, WI.
    2021 Reflections 303RLS 5th wheel
    2015 GMC 2500HD Double Cab w/Duramax

There is a check valve behind the screen. They don't want you to try to push the valve in(open) against pressure held in the water plumbing. The risk is damaging the check valve.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Dot View Post
      There is a tag on Nautilus Panel on my RLS303 that reads, "Do not depress city water connection valve with pressure in line". She photo. What is meant bu the City Water Connection Valve? Thanks
      Click image for larger version

Name:	thisvalve.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	61042
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
        There is a check valve behind the screen. They don't want you to try to push the valve in(open) against pressure held in the water plumbing. The risk is damaging the check valve.
        I always interpreted that warning differently. I took it to mean to not turn the black valve which lets city water into the system when it is already under pressure. I always make sure that pressure is off at the city water hose before switching the valve from pump to city inlet. I claim no unique insights to the sticker but I personally can’t imagine posting a warning about manipulating a check valve which isn’t a normal operation for me. Happy to be educated, though.

Edit: just checked the Nautilus manual and it said you absolutely right about the check valve being the issue. Sorry for adding tonthe confusion. You learn something every day.
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
        Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
        2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

Even if you turn the city water 'off', there is still pressure contained in the trailer water system to which that black handled valve is exposed because the check valve at the inlet prevents backflow in the event the city water is off or disconnected. So unless you depressurize the system by opening a faucet, pressure is still present at the panel valves.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
            Even if you turn the city water 'off', there is still pressure contained in the trailer water system to which that black handled valve is exposed because the check valve at the inlet prevents backflow in the event the city water is off or disconnected. So unless you depressurize the system by opening a faucet, pressure is still present at the panel valves.
            Yes, I use the shower valve to relieve pressure. Since I was mistaken about the warning, is there any reason to worry about switching the nautilus valves under pressure or have I been wasting effort worrying about it? I thought I remembered warnings about it being better to relieve pressure when manipulating the manifold.
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
            Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
            2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by wygieman View Post

Yes, I use the shower valve to relieve pressure. Since I was mistaken about the warning, is there any reason to worry about switching the nautilus valves under pressure or have I been wasting effort worrying about it? I thought I remembered warnings about it being better to relieve pressure when manipulating the manifold.
              I relieve pressure before changing any Nautilus setting. The valves are not very robust and repairing a panel is not fun.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I now know what not to press and where it is and its best to relieve city water pressure when changing settings on the Nautilus panel.
                Jim & Dot
                Richfield, WI.
                2021 Reflections 303RLS 5th wheel
                2015 GMC 2500HD Double Cab w/Duramax

Comment

Working...
                X