Is it a shut off valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a shut off valve?

I have only put water in the fresh tank 3 times in the two years we have lived, full-time, in a 2020 22RBE. Every time I used gravity fill. Every time, when no longer needed, I drained the fresh tank and reconnected city water. Every time it would slowly fill the fresh tank. I do not remember how, but the first two times I got it to stop. Not this time.

The pump is behind a kitchen drawer. There is a T-valve attached with a short length of blue hose going to the pump (the other two hoses are white.) The handle of the valve points straight down the blue hose.

I don’t want to mess up anything. Would turning this valve stop the flow into the fresh tank?

Forgot to mention: every few minutes the pump runs for about one second
    Last edited by gt5; 07-22-2021, 02:36 PM.
    2020 Imagine 22RBE, 2012 Armada Platinum, Full-time

gt5

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

The usual cause of what you are describing is a leaking check valve in the onboard pump. City water pressure squeezes from the pressure side to the intake side of the pump and slowly fills the fresh water tank. I am not familiar with the valve that you describe . . . could you post a picture?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here’s the valve

Comment

Originally posted by gt5 View Post
        Here’s the valve
        Perhaps someone with first hand Imagine experience will chime in here . . .

This looks like a valve on the intake side of the pump that would likely choose between the siphon hose used for winterizing antifreeze and the fresh water tank. If the winterizing hose is suitably capped, switching to this position would isolate the line to the water tank and prevent it from filling. The problem is still likely to be a leaking check valve within the water pump.

I can't see any harm in turning this valve to see if this works. If water pressure is getting past the water pump check valve, it could come out the winterizing siphon hose after you switch this valve. Be sure that this hose is located where water will not cause any harm or that it is tightly capped.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks, will look for the winterize hose and give it a try. Haven’t done so because, while the drawers are easy to take out, they are ornery to put back in.

Comment

Actually, that is the winterizing valve. I found it in the owners manual. Since we live in the RV 365 I had never looked at that part of the owners manual. (It truly is a mystery, as much as these things cost, that there is not a detailed information on each separate model rather than a generic manual for the entire Imagine line.)

Comment

Appears to, once again, spontaneously stopped. It went on for almost a week, then stoped. This is getting frustrating.

Comment

Appears to, once again, spontaneously stopped. It went on for almost a week, then stoped. This is getting frustrating.
                The check valve in the pump is a simple little disc of rubber. It is quite possible that this disc gets dislodged or held open by some piece of contamination, that then shifts for whatever reason and the check valve closes.

You could install an inline check valve on the output side of the pump to determine if the check valve within the pump is the problem.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have only put water in the fresh tank 3 times in the two years we have lived, full-time, in a 2020 22RBE. Every time I used gravity fill. Every time, when no longer needed, I drained the fresh tank and reconnected city water. Every time it would slowly fill the fresh tank. I do not remember how, but the first two times I got it to stop. Not this time.

The pump is behind a kitchen drawer. There is a T-valve attached with a short length of blue hose going to the pump (the other two hoses are white.) The handle of the valve points straight down the blue hose.

I don’t want to mess up anything. Would turning this valve stop the flow into the fresh tank?

Forgot to mention: every few minutes the pump runs for about one second
                  I may not be reading the above correctly. Are you connected to City water and ALSO have the pump on? Pump should be off with City water. Double check you nautilus panel settings, Remember you need to have the pressure off before changing valve setting . If not o-rings get out of wack. What you describing to me is a bad valve on the nautilus allowing water to the tank
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Only have filled the tank when we were either notified the water was going to be shut off (2X) or weather conditions were such that it was a remote possibility (1X.)
                    I have never flipped the switch on the wet panel, there is a gravity fill port.

Comment

Working...
                    X