Water Heater Electric Element Not Workking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Heater Electric Element Not Workking

We have had our 2021 310GK for a couple of months and the water heater has never worked on shore power. I have checked the resistance of the element and it seems fine. The electric element switch on the water heater is on and I have checked the breaker and there is power there. The lighted control switch on the panel seems to be connected properly.

There is generally a relay with a 12V coil that switches the 120VAC on to the heater element when the lighted switch is switched on. My guess is that this is where the problem is. I have searched around and can’t find it. It is somewhat difficult to follow the power cable from the breaker panel.

Does anyone know where that relay might be in our rig? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

John

I'm not aware of relay but I could also be stoopid. Some do have a second switch that is actually on the water heater and is hard to see, but is close to the top left corner. That is a maybe / maybe not since I don't know that heater that you have.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Jerry - Thanks for the response. The switch you referred to on the water heater is turned on as I said in my post. I don’t think there is any 120V switching done in the control panel and other units I have been around have a relay in a box somewhere in the circuit. It is a simple circuit and is probably a five minute fix once if I could find the problem.

I need to take it into the dealer to get the stove replaced so maybe they can find the issue.

Comment

PappaJohn John, I found a manual online that may be of help as it sounds like you have a good technical / mechanical background. http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ing-Manual.pdf I'd be inclined to check the circuits to ensure that the switch on the control panel is passing 12v as required for the electric option to work. Also, the resets on the outside can be a pain to reset. Board failures are not uncommon in HWH either.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the inputs. I didn’t actually check the 12V at the switch which I will do. I just looked to see it was connected when I was in there during the inverter install. I have pulled the rubber covers over the resets to make sure they were pushed in. I guess it could be the control board but I didn’t think it was involved with the switching of the AC but I could be wrong. The diagrams in the installation manual you provided indicate the connection is direct to the thermostat and then the the element.

I will dig into it a little more.

John

Comment

Working...
          X