• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh water tank question

Click image for larger version

Name:	18C5CBDA-3929-4A65-8685-609224C9423E.jpeg
Views:	493
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	61669 In the past three years I’ve never had the need to use my FW tank but will need to tonight. (see pics). Other than disconnecting from campsite water connection at the spigot, can I leave my incoming line attached as seen in the pics without any negative consequences? Much thanks in advance. Click image for larger version

Name:	AF9DF0FA-F230-47B9-84D7-65DC51F6F849.jpeg
Views:	585
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	61668
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

As long as you turn off the water spigot, it's not different with the hose attached or not. There is no sensor that looks for an attached hose.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      As long as you turn off the water spigot, it's not different with the hose attached or not. There is no sensor that looks for an attached hose.

Jim
      thanks jim, I was thinking so but had some trouble in this same type of situation with my old Heartland Pioneer that had something to do (can’t remember the specifics) with a check valve so I thought it prudent to ask. Thanks again, hope to see you at the Rally. Travel Safely.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

thanks jim, I was thinking so but had some trouble in this same type of situation with my old Heartland Pioneer that had something to do (can’t remember the specifics) with a check valve so I thought it prudent to ask. Thanks again, hope to see you at the Rally. Travel Safely.
        I won't be making it to the big rally this year. I was drawn for an elk hunting tag that conflicts with the rally dates. Maybe next year. But we will be hosting the Tucson AZ and Quartzsite AZ rallies next winter and spring.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Ok great. Good luck with the Elk hunt!
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	18C5CBDA-3929-4A65-8685-609224C9423E.jpeg
Views:	493
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	61669 In the past three years I’ve never had the need to use my FW tank but will need to tonight. (see pics). Other than disconnecting from campsite water connection at the spigot, can I leave my incoming line attached as seen in the pics without any negative consequences? Much thanks in advance. Click image for larger version

Name:	AF9DF0FA-F230-47B9-84D7-65DC51F6F849.jpeg
Views:	585
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	61668
            Possibly - However if you disconnect from the fresh water spigot and leave the hose connected you may get back flow through the hose as the check valve at the trailer may be depressed. If you stay connected and spigot valve is off you should be good. Be sure you reset you nautilus valves correctly to dry camping after filling the tank to use the pump. (pressure off before changing valve)
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks Yoda. Just for double safety if I disconnect the line going into the Nautilus would that remove any potential check valve issues?
              Do to some campground maintenance being done tomorrow morning the campground has asks all campers to disconnect their fresh water hose from their spigots.
              pls advise your thoughts. Thanks!
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Thanks Yoda. Just for double safety if I disconnect the line going into the Nautilus would that remove any potential check valve issues?
                Do to some campground maintenance being done tomorrow morning the campground has asks all campers to disconnect their fresh water hose from their spigots.
                pls advise your thoughts. Thanks!
                Yes disconnecting the hose at the trailer will solve any issues.
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hey yoda, thanks again. Although I didn’t get any negative consequences fro either letting my 3ft metal ‘leader line’ (yes I just made that up) remain attached or removing it completely, I thought it prudent to check just to be sure. Tks agn.
                  Dave and Sue
                  2020 GD 2250RK
                  Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Probably late to the party, but there seems to be some confusion on the intake line check valve, so here I go.

The check valve operates based on pressure, not on whether or not there is a hose connected to the water intake. If the water pressure on the intake/hose side of the valve is greater than the pressure on the outlet side of the valve, water flows through the valve. If the pressure on the outlet side is higher than on the inlet side the valve is closed, regardless of whether there is a hose attached to the valve or not.
                    John
                    2018 Momentum 395M
                    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thank you John, so what I’m understanding is that if I leave my 3ft SS ‘leader’ hose section (see pic) attached all the time that it should be no risk? Pls advise, TY.
                      Dave and Sue
                      2020 GD 2250RK
                      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

That is correct, the hose it self does not depress (open) the check valve.
                        John
                        2018 Momentum 395M
                        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thank you John, so what I’m understanding is that if I leave my 3ft SS ‘leader’ hose section (see pic) attached all the time that it should be no risk? Pls advise, TY.
                          It should be no risk. My new water bay setup has my regulator, filter, and leader hose connected all the time. I just returned from a long trip where we were running off the tank at several parks. No problems!

The only problem is my new water bay setup makes setting up camp sooooo much easier!

Mike & Lisa
                          Central Florida
                          2021 Imagine 2970RL
                          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
                            It should be no risk. My new water bay setup has my regulator, filter, and leader hose connected all the time. I just returned from a long trip where we were running off the tank at several parks. No problems!
                            Nice install! Put a few brass QD's on it and it will make it even easier to connect and disconnect the water line.

There's one small issue if you don't mind me pointing it out (which I learned from my fellow moderator Country Campers ). Almost every time water is reintroduced to the filter some charcoal ("black stuff") exits it. What I did was add a "Y" just after the filter with valves. When water first flows through the filter the water is dumped outside the trailer (because the valve to the trailer is closed and the valve to the outside is open). It just takes a moment for clear water to run. Then I turn the valves the other direction and voila'--done.

Hope I didn't "rain on your parade" with my response--it really is a good looking install!

Howard
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks howson . I always appreciate constructive criticism. And there is always room for improvement. I'll look into the flush port after the filter. A little bit of charcoal is good for the system
                              Mike & Lisa
                              Central Florida
                              2021 Imagine 2970RL
                              1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
                              X