Fresh water tank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
    That is correct, the hose it self does not depress (open) the check valve.
    Much thanks John.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

It should be no risk. My new water bay setup has my regulator, filter, and leader hose connected all the time. I just returned from a long trip where we were running off the tank at several parks. No problems!

The only problem is my new water bay setup makes setting up camp sooooo much easier!
      Nice set up! Is there any concern that if you get a flow point failure when you are not home that ‘x’ amount of water will end up in the pass through rather than on the outside if the adjustable water pressure, filter, etc were on the outside?
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

It should be no risk. My new water bay setup has my regulator, filter, and leader hose connected all the time. I just returned from a long trip where we were running off the tank at several parks. No problems!

The only problem is my new water bay setup makes setting up camp sooooo much easier!
        Mike - you had to go and post a picture of that fantastic set up, and yes I am going to steal it. Thanks in advance. I really like the simplicity as everything is right there and accessible. Nice job.

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Nice set up! Is there any concern that if you get a flow point failure when you are not home that ‘x’ amount of water will end up in the pass through rather than on the outside if the adjustable water pressure, filter, etc were on the outside?
          There is always the possibility of a failure in the water bay even with a single hose running in there. There are so many points of failure behind the panel I would be more concerned with. I'm pretty happy with my connections as all have teflon tape and the piping going up, over, and down are all glued PVC. When we leave camp for extended periods I have always shut the water off at the park spigot and will continue to do so.
          Mike & Lisa
          Central Florida
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Nice install! Put a few brass QD's on it and it will make it even easier to connect and disconnect the water line.

There's one small issue if you don't mind me pointing it out (which I learned from my fellow moderator Country Campers ). Almost every time water is reintroduced to the filter some charcoal ("black stuff") exits it. What I did was add a "Y" just after the filter with valves. When water first flows through the filter the water is dumped outside the trailer (because the valve to the trailer is closed and the valve to the outside is open). It just takes a moment for clear water to run. Then I turn the valves the other direction and voila'--done.

Hope I didn't "rain on your parade" with my response--it really is a good looking install!

Howard
            Alright Howard, now you have got me thinking about the charcoal flush. That is a dangerous thing. So what I have come up with as an alternative to a second hose and dumping a bunch of water on the ground is to create 'flush loop'. Put a T or a Y between the filter and regulator. Then connect the Y to a T at the connection between the inlet hose and pipe. I would also need a check valve there to keep the water flowing through the filter. This 'loop' would send the water back through the filter. After flushing the charcoal through this 'loop' then open up the Y so water flows through regulator and into the city water port.

I doubt I will do this but if the charcoal becomes an issue I would try this 'loop' concept first so water isn't dumped on the ground creating a muddy mess in some campsites.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Mike - you had to go and post a picture of that fantastic set up, and yes I am going to steal it. Thanks in advance. I really like the simplicity as everything is right there and accessible. Nice job.

Keith
              You are very welcome! Glad I create another project for someone else as so many on this forum have done to me! My biggest challenge in this install was to property support the entire setup and eliminate the effects of travelling vibration. I have accomplished that as this install is rock solid. No vibration or movement at all.

I went to Lowes to pick-up some pipe stand offs as someone else in one of the forums had used. I found this telescoping bracket at lowest that worked PERFECT for support at the top. I've included the Lowes link here. I used some self taping screws to attach the bracket tot he underside of the aluminum tubes.

As for the length of hose I use to connect the shore water, I got a 4 foot length at Camping World. I was looking for something shorter like 2 or 3 feet. However, the 4 foot worked perfect on this last trip. There were two parks that we had to fill the fresh tank at the park. I was able to pull the trailer up to the freshwater fill and use the 4 foot hose to connect and fill. I didn't have to get out my longer hose to make the connection.
              Shop HoldRite Galvanized Telescoping Bracket in the Pipe Support & Clamps department at Lowe's.com. The HoldRite Stout Bracket platform provides the engineered multi-purpose telescoping support for various construction projects.
              Mike & Lisa
              Central Florida
              2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

There is always the possibility of a failure in the water bay even with a single hose running in there. There are so many points of failure behind the panel I would be more concerned with. I'm pretty happy with my connections as all have teflon tape and the piping going up, over, and down are all glued PVC. When we leave camp for extended periods I have always shut the water off at the park spigot and will continue to do so.
                Gotcha Mike, makes sense, Tks.
                Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

...so water isn't dumped on the ground creating a muddy mess in some campsites.
                  I have a collapsible pail I keep in the passthru to catch this water in fussy campgrounds or when it's obvious the water will intrude on a neighbor's site. I use the same pail when emptying the water heater (which I always do prior to towing to save the ~50lbs over the street side, front tire that carries the most weight on my trailer).

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X