Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: Extra Grey Tank Valve - What does it go to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Extra Grey Tank Valve - What does it go to?

I am at a loss to identify this grey valve at my water control panel in my Reflection 315RLTS.
    I have my one black tank and two grey tank valves for emptying, but can not figure out what this other grey valve operates.
    I searched my directions, it explains everything about my control panel except this one valve lever.

Anyone know what it belongs to? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    See the attachments. Interested in Grey Valve at bottom, center of control panel. Click image for larger version

Name:	Control-Panel-Water-Sewer-Valves.jpg
Views:	1441
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	62028Click image for larger version

Name:	Control-Panel-Water-Connect (2).jpg
Views:	1479
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	62029

KEN9XL Sounds like time to experiment. Try running water in the kitchen sink and seeing which one has water, then shower, and then bath sink.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

With 118 gallons.....I think you have 3 grey tanks. Typically a grey tank is just under 40 gallons.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

You have three gray tanks, and one black tank on your 315.

Going from front to back:

Gray Tank - For washing machine gray water
        Gray Tank - For the bathroom sink and shower
        Black Tank - For toilet collection
        Gray Tank - For kitchen sink gray water.

You'll probably never use the front tank if you don't install a washing machine. But if you plan on camping off grid, we can coach you on how to combine the gray tanks so that they share the load equally.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

You'll probably never use the front tank if you don't install a washing machine. But if you plan on camping off grid, we can coach you on how to combine the gray tanks so that they share the load equally.

Jim
          Thanks for confirming what I assumed about the extra handle. I am interested is seeing on combining grey tanks. TIA.

Ryan

Ryan & Lauren
          2022 Reflection 315RLTS
          2021 Ram 2500

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
            Jim , where did you find this info? I have a 310 gk that has 2 gray handles , which I just assumed ( I know ) was for separate bath and galley . I have a washing set-up as well though I have never used it . It would be nice to know if it had its own gray tank . Thanks.
            Jim , Dianna , Katie , Molly and Sophie
            2020 Solitude 310 GK
            2021 F350 6.7 SRW

Comment

I am about to test this theory. I just installed a washer in my 315RLTS. I have someone using my RV while their house is being built and they have used the washer twice without an issue. Yesterday they let me know that the washer wasn't draining properly and water was coming out from locations under the trailer. I sure hope pulling my aux grey tank handle on the distribution center will fix this issue instead of paying a mobile RV repair person to do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by abndrillsgt View Post
                I am about to test this theory. I just installed a washer in my 315RLTS. I have someone using my RV while their house is being built and they have used the washer twice without an issue. Yesterday they let me know that the washer wasn't draining properly and water was coming out from locations under the trailer. I sure hope pulling my aux grey tank handle on the distribution center will fix this issue instead of paying a mobile RV repair person to do it for me.
                I had the same thing happen on my 315RLTS when I overfilled the washer tank (left the valve closed). I'm certain the tank is split at the top. I have yet to remove and inspect, but I'm sure that's what I'm going to find based on testing.

For the last ten weeks my washer was used without incident since the valve to the tank was open and the drain was left open to the park sewer system when the washer was in use. Lesson here is it doesn't have to be fixed to be usable.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X