spider webs and dirt dobbers in water hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spider webs and dirt dobbers in water hose

First post and yes Im that guy. Got in a big hurry and hooked up a really dirty water hose and now my faucets are clogged. I cleaned grass and spider webs out of the bathroom and kitchen sink screens (Imagine 2800 Bunk house). Both faucets were completely clogged with grass and dirt. Now I have water out of the cold side but not on the hot side. When I went to drain the system with the red and blue hoses at the rear of the camper next to the rear gray water drain the red drain line was full of grass. I then drained the hot water tank and flushed it out for several minutes. I still have no water from the hot side of both kitchen and bathroom faucets. I get a drip at most out of the bathroom. Any suggestions to back flush the system and get the rest of the grass and debris out of the lines?

Originally posted by EddieNelson View Post
    First post and yes Im that guy. Got in a big hurry and hooked up a really dirty water hose and now my faucets are clogged. I cleaned grass and spider webs out of the bathroom and kitchen sink screens (Imagine 2800 Bunk house). Both faucets were completely clogged with grass and dirt. Now I have water out of the cold side but not on the hot side. When I went to drain the system with the red and blue hoses at the rear of the camper next to the rear gray water drain the red drain line was full of grass. I then drained the hot water tank and flushed it out for several minutes. I still have no water from the hot side of both kitchen and bathroom faucets. I get a drip at most out of the bathroom. Any suggestions to back flush the system and get the rest of the grass and debris out of the lines?
    Welcome to the forum, EddieNelson. Since that was your first post, when you get a chance check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

The check valve on the water heater may be clogged. Find the back of the heater and the (plastic) valve is attached to the hot water line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve hot Water heater.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	62190
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you hawson! Ill do that and also im planning on doing a back flush of the system and see if that will loosen any of the grass and dirt trapped in the lines.

Comment

EddieNelson Think you have quite the process to get through, sorry. My only possibly helpful suggestion is in the future always connect the hose ends to each other when not in use. I also poke the hose end not in hand during hook-up in a pocket to keep it out of the grass and dirt. Good luck

Dave
        flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
          EddieNelson Think you have quite the process to get through, sorry. My only possibly helpful suggestion is in the future always connect the hose ends to each other when not in use. I also poke the hose end not in hand during hook-up in a pocket to keep it out of the grass and dirt. Good luck

Dave
          Thank you Dave. Total bone head move on my part. I always give it a good 5 to 10 second flush before hooking it up. I promise you I won't make this mistake again.

Comment

EddieNelson Another thing is to make the water filter the LAST thing in the water supply chain before it goes into the camper, this will help in case you have any issues. I recently started using QC on my hoses for ease of hooking up and storage of connecting the ends to prevent contamination. I have an extra bib end so I can screw it on first, then hook the hose up vs fighting the hose especially when the bibs are close to obstructions that keep the hose from aligning easily.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

EddieNelson
              You also might try back flushing the lines from the faucets. If you unscrew the end fitting and take it to a hardware store you might find a fitting than you can attach a small hose to and a simple pump and use a clean bucket of sanitized water and with the low point drains open back flush. You also may need to pull the valve cartridges out of the faucets as they could be plugged there.

Now what critical is you need to heavily sanitize (bleach) your entire system once you have it working. And sorry to say this - never use a garden hose to fill. Get a dedicated RV hose and keep the ends connected as suggested when not in use and sanitize them periodically.

Trying to help
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda you are so right about the garden hose. Ive been reading about the difference between a garden hose and a RV hose. I will definitely do a full flush. Both faucets were completely clogged with grass and spider webs. Just got finished cleaning and putting everything back together. If only I would have took 10 seconds to flush before hooking up. I'll go get a couple of RV hoses tomorrow and bleach the entire system. I was rushed getting the camper ready for my daughter and son in law. They sold their house and are somewhat homeless until their new house is finished. A new water supply line is on my list of things to do. The closest faucet is about 100 ft away.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions.

Eddie

Comment

Yoda you are so right about the garden hose. Ive been reading about the difference between a garden hose and a RV hose. I will definitely do a full flush. Both faucets were completely clogged with grass and spider webs. Just got finished cleaning and putting everything back together. If only I would have took 10 seconds to flush before hooking up. I'll go get a couple of RV hoses tomorrow and bleach the entire system. I was rushed getting the camper ready for my daughter and son in law. They sold their house and are somewhat homeless until their new house is finished. A new water supply line is on my list of things to do. The closest faucet is about 100 ft away.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions.

Eddie
                  For 100 feet, I'd run some PEX and adapt to hoses at either end. Sounds like they might be in it for a while, if so it'll hold up better and I bet it might even be cheaper.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

For 100 feet, I'd run some PEX and adapt to hoses at either end. Sounds like they might be in it for a while, if so it'll hold up better and I bet it might even be cheaper.
                    Great idea. I actually have several rolls of pex and fittings.

Comment

Great idea. I actually have several rolls of pex and fittings.
                      There you go! Depending on your comfort you could plumb it right into your house, out just use short hoses to connect at each end.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                      X