Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure very low

Hi

I have a 2020 Solitude 377 MBS. We’ve experienced a gradual loss of water pressure anywhere inside the rig over a period of several months. The pressure is low regardless of whether I’m on city water or running off the pump, and it is low even when the pressure and flow at the faucet are high.

I discussed the issue with a factory service tech at a recent GD rally and he suggested that one or more of the valves in the Nautilus panel might be clogged with plastic pieces from the panel assembly. Since he couldn’t be sure which valve might be the culprit I opted to simply order a new Nautilus panel.

I just finished installing the brand new panel and my water pressure is lower than it was with the old panel.

I would very much appreciate any ideas as to what I should try next.

Thanks for your help.

have you changed your water filter recently? if not do it now.
    2021 Solitude 390RK
    No truck - don't travel

Comment

I should have mentioned that - yes, I’ve changed the filter twice since we started losing pressure and it made no difference.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

How's the water flow volume on your toilet ? The reason I ask is that we and others experienced the screens/flow restrictors on the sinks and some shower heads along with outside water faucet heads becoming clogged with various debris but the toilet worked as usual. Cleaning the screens/flow restrictors solved the problems.

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Thanks Dan

i just completely removed the aerator from the kitchen sink and got barely a trickle when I turned the water on.

I tried completely removing the filter in the wet bay and saw an improvement in the bathroom sink and shower, so I wonder whether the filter, even though it is fairly new, might not be the correct one. It fits the canister but perhaps it’s too dense?

It’s possible I have a kink or partially collapsed line between the Nautilus panel and the kitchen (the 377 has the kitchen in the rear) but I can’t check that without dropping the underbelly insulation which I’m not willing to do at this point.

I was able to inspect all the lines running to the bathroom and saw no issues there.

Comment

Originally posted by Srgreer View Post
            Hi

I have a 2020 Solitude 377 MBS. We’ve experienced a gradual loss of water pressure anywhere inside the rig over a period of several months. The pressure is low regardless of whether I’m on city water or running off the pump, and it is low even when the pressure and flow at the faucet are high.

I discussed the issue with a factory service tech at a recent GD rally and he suggested that one or more of the valves in the Nautilus panel might be clogged with plastic pieces from the panel assembly. Since he couldn’t be sure which valve might be the culprit I opted to simply order a new Nautilus panel.

I just finished installing the brand new panel and my water pressure is lower than it was with the old panel.

I would very much appreciate any ideas as to what I should try next.

Thanks for your help.
            We had a problem with low water pressure in our 2019 Solitude recently also. What I remembered from another post is to make sure the hot and cold knobs on the faucet spray dock (for attaching the coiled hose) in the Nautilus are completely closed. As soon as I closed them our water pressure returned to normal. I can't explain it. I just know it worked.
            Last edited by Jon Sr; 08-27-2021, 10:22 AM.
            Jon & Melanie Nichols
            Dover, DE
            2019 Solitude 372WB-R
            2023 GMC

Comment

We had low water pressure, and only “warm” hot water due to not closing the hot/cold knobs for the spray port completely. If I recall correctly, on our 377MBS, “OFF’ is with both knobs turned clockwise. Plug the hose into the Nautilus panel, and make sure the sprayer won’t work, to sure it’s completely off.

Let us know what you find, once it’s resolved.

-Doug
              Doug & Barb
              2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
              2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
              No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
              Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

not sure if you have resolved the situation or not, but I had a situation like this in my 376ths. turns out that at the Nautilus panel, at the fresh water hookup the techs put the filter screen in backwards and it caused the anti syphon valve not to close all the way which causes your pump to NOT get a full prime and thus low flow. I called GD and they said all i needed to do was take the screen out of the hookup and turn it around and I would be good to go. Problem Solved. Give it a look.

Lenny

Comment

Working...
                X