E5 error on Furrion HW heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E5 error on Furrion HW heater

I have a 2022 337RLS that has the Furrion continuous water heater. It's worked great until today. I'm getting an E5 error. I've checked the exhaust for blockage, there's no wind, the sail switch is working. What else can I check? We're in the middle of nowhere and of course it's a holiday weekend. The blower motor twitches but doesn't run. It turns freely. I tried using my cheap digital oscilloscope to measure the output to the motor (PWM to vary the speed) but either the meter is junk or there's no output from the card. My DW isn't happy about taking a cold shower. Is there anything I'm missing?

Originally posted by RPAspey View Post
    I have a 2022 337RLS that has the Furrion continuous water heater. It's worked great until today. I'm getting an E5 error. I've checked the exhaust for blockage, there's no wind, the sail switch is working. What else can I check? We're in the middle of nowhere and of course it's a holiday weekend. The blower motor twitches but doesn't run. It turns freely. I tried using my cheap digital oscilloscope to measure the output to the motor (PWM to vary the speed) but either the meter is junk or there's no output from the card. My DW isn't happy about taking a cold shower. Is there anything I'm missing?
    Welcome to the forum.

Since you've ruled out the blockage and wind, the only other item left with an E5 failure code is: System Failure - Contact Furrion.
    Of course this has to happen on a holiday weekend. I'm attaching the Furrion customer support page. Hopefully they can help you when they open back up.

https://furrion.com/pages/contact

In the mean time, I'd go old school just to get a shower. I'd go to Walmart or a local sporting goods store and purchase a portable camping shower for about $20 bucks. Fill it with warm water that you heat on the stove or via solar and you can at least get through the weekend. You can probably hang it from the shower door or nozzle.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Welcome to the forum.

Since you've ruled out the blockage and wind, the only other item left with an E5 failure code is: System Failure - Contact Furrion.
      Of course this has to happen on a holiday weekend. I'm attaching the Furrion customer support page. Hopefully they can help you when they open back up.

https://furrion.com/pages/contact

In the mean time, I'd go old school just to get a shower. I'd go to Walmart or a local sporting goods store and purchase a portable camping shower for about $20 bucks. Fill it with warm water that you heat on the stove or via solar and you can at least get through the weekend. You can probably hang it from the shower door or nozzle.

Jim
      I took a shower by only turning on the hot water. About 1/2 way thru the "ice bath" the water heater kicked on and I had plenty of hot water. My wife jumped in without turning the water off and was able to complete her shower took. Let's not visualize the dance here.... Anyway, it's been working since. I'm thinking whatever happened today will likely happen again and might not resolve itself. I gotta figure it out.

Comment

These are new to all of us and are a result of GDRV not being able to get water heaters due to supply chain issues. If you get it figured out, we'd sure appreciate an update.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          These are new to all of us and are a result of GDRV not being able to get water heaters due to supply chain issues. If you get it figured out, we'd sure appreciate an update.

Jim
          Will do. It's a complete mystery as of right now. I just tried the hot water as I typed this and it worked perfectly. Go figure...

Comment

RPAspey OK. Things I have noticed with the on demand HWH. Flow is critical!!!! To low of flow and it cannot regulate the temperature of the water. When taking a shower, I set the t-stat on the HWH to 106 (find a number you like) and only use the hot faucet. With the cold turned on and regulating the hot flow, you can watch the outlet temp climb on the display.

Try watching the display while the wife takes a shower and you will see what I mean. I was looking over the top of the shower door when I noticed the outlet temp in the 120 range before I figured out what was happening.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

BobC -- moved your post to it's own thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...slow-hot-water
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, thank you. I understand.

BobC
                2022 315RLTS

Comment

Working...
                X