Black Tank Flush in Grey Tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank Flush in Grey Tank?

I have a observation about flushing the black water tank. When I hook up my external water line to the tank via the natilus P1q panel the water comes out of the grey waste tank 2 no the black tank. Anybody seen the before. I have a 295 BL fifth wheel.
    John and Nikki
    2017 Chevy 2500 HD CC 4x4
    2019 Reflection 295RL 5th Wheel Series 150

Originally posted by pnwguy View Post
    I have a observation about flushing the black water tank. When I hook up my external water line to the tank via the natilus P1q panel the water comes out of the grey waste tank 2 no the black tank. Anybody seen the before. I have a 295 BL fifth wheel.
    This probably should be it's own thread, don't be surprised if it gets moved.

I'd say your flush must be plumbed wrong, the only connection between your grey and black tanks should be the sewer outlet and possibly the vent.

What year is your trailer?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

This is quite interesting for sure. The black tank flush may be in the grey tank or the tank pull handles may be mislabeled. If you are sure that there is no there is no black tank stuff in the grey #2 tank then it is possible that the tanks were placed in the wrong place or the pipes from the toilet and the sink/shower were placed into the the wrong tanks. Check to make sure that the toilet is feeding the tank labeled "black tank" and the bath sink and shower is feeding the tank labeled "grey 2" tank. If it is wrong then you will need this repaired under warranty if you are still in warranty.

Also moved this to its own thread.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I appreciate the quick responses. So how can you check that the toilet is feeding to the tank labeled “black tank”?
        John and Nikki

Comment

I appreciate the quick responses. So how can you check that the toilet is feeding to the tank labeled “black tank”?
          First empty all the tank. Then take a garden hose, put a bunch of water down the toilet and see which handle releases water when you pull it. Then do the same with the shower and confirm it is the other.

You could use a bucket rather than a hose obviously.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Lots of patience and just stand on the valve with the trailer hooked to city water or pump running. Obviously not as fast as the hose or bucket method.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

OK. Here are the results of dumping water into the various zones. But first off my dump handles are labeled (from left to right as you look at the panel) Grey, Grey, Black. I’m assuming that means grey 1 on left and grey 2 in middle.
              4 gal in toilet - came out middle dump valve (labeled grey)
              4 gal in shower - came out left valve (labeled grey)
              2 gal in kit sink - came out right valve (labeled black)
              2 gal in bath sink - came out left handle. (Labeled grey)
              When I used the flushing water hookup the water came out of the middle valve.
              I couldn’t find a picture of the dump valve orientation in my manual so I’m not sure they are labeled correctly. I have a Nautilus P1 panel and my rig is a 2019 295RL 5th wheel.
              Hope this helps.
              Any ideas

Thanks in advance
              John and Nikki

Comment

pnwguy I am going to tag in Brian ( Country Campers) here since he will have access to your tank layout, and he replied up above, but from those results I would say your plumbing is correct and the valves are labeled wrong. Your middle valve looks like it should be your black tank (flush water and toilet goes here) Your left is the bathroom grey (shower and sink) and the right is the galley grey (kitchen sink).

You can relabel them, or pull the handles apart and move them around, up to you.

Neil Citro

Comment

pnwguy

I would agree with Neil's assessment in post #8. Your testing has proven this.

There is lots of opportunity in the assembly plant process to mix up the pull handles for the gate valves. I have looked at the gate valve handles in several trailers identical to mine and they are often in a different order.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

pnwguy

I would switch the right valve and the middle valve, easy to do remove handle remove nut and slide thru to the back. Then label the left valve "B" for bath, the middle valve "K" for kitchen, makes it easy to remember what valve does what.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the input. Since it looks like everything works other than the way the valves are labeled I think I will just relabel them according and go forward. Thanks again
                      John and Nikki

Comment

l never seen the black tank flush plumbed wrong but on my last 5th wheel toy hauler the manufacturer had the tanks all labeled wrong and 2 of the 4 grey tanks yes 4 were plumbed backwards. The dealer couldn`t even figure it fixed that one on my own.
                        Bryan & Shelia
                        2008 chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax
                        2021 GD 376THS MM

Comment

Mine was mislabeled as well
                          John and Nikki

Comment

Working...
                          X