Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer hose support

Hi .

Any good sewer hose you would recommend which is high enough when camping on sites where the camping connection is higher than normal ? All the ones i have seen the lowest portion is about 4 inch while the camping hookup is about 6 to 8 inch

thanks Gilles

We have tried several different kinds of waste hose supports over the years. Earlier this year we purchased the TITAN Sewer Hose Support (Thetford 17919) from Amazon. By far the best of the lot! We have used it on our last three journeys and really like it for several reasons.
    • Comes in five graded sections which allows ease of setting up and taking down. A lot easier to use and quicker to set up than the slinky supports
    • Sturdy, yet lightweight. Once we lay the hose on it there is no tip-over. Have used it on both sandy and rocky ground.
    • Comes in a lightweight bag so is very easy to store in the fifth wheel front compartment.
    • Wife really likes the bright green color. Easy to see at night.
    With the five sections laid out we can cover about 25 ft of hose run. I bought a second set to give me some flexibility where additional length is needed. Definitely worth checking out.
    Mark & Ellen
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

I carry 20' of 4" rain gutter cut into roughly 5' lengths (the pieces nest together and fit nicely in the back of the truck). I use leveling pads (carry more than needed for the trailer) to support the gutter and then drape the power cord and water line over the sewer hose and gutter to help keep it stable in windy conditions.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thanks guys looki Like the Thetford 17919 is mostly available only in the USA, i will try to find a dealer or web site who delivers in Canada

thanks again guys have a great camping season …. I am

Comment

Originally posted by Gleourdais View Post
          Hi .

Any good sewer hose you would recommend which is high enough when camping on sites where the camping connection is higher than normal ? All the ones i have seen the lowest portion is about 4 inch while the camping hookup is about 6 to 8 inch

thanks Gilles
          Don't take this wrong, but I have never worried about it. I only dump the tanks when needed, otherwise keep the valves closed. Then when I do dump I just pick up the hose and walk the fluid out of the depression. To me its just one more item to carry and have brake. Now having said that I really haven stayed in a place long enough to have it connected all the time.

Just my thoughts
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hey Keith

I do the same just wondering if any other options availble out there.

thanks

Comment

Gleourdais

Not really an answer to your question, but a comment similar to the advice from Yoda in post 5. There is no need to have a constant downward slope from the trailer to the drain. In fact, there are advantages to having a "P Trap" style hump in the drain hose run, to hold a water block. If you are in the habit of leaving a gate valve open (many do this with grey tanks), a supported straight run from trailer to the park sewer system will vent the park sewer system through your trailer and can encourage any critters living in the sewer system to find their way to the warm dry end of your grey tank.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Gleourdais To add to what Rob stated, not only are you subject to the critters, but also the SMELL. Several have commented on the smell working it's way back up into the camper through the AAV's and other ways when they are hooked to park sewer and leave the valve open.

I've seen these before, you might be able to find this across the border: https://www.adventurerv.net/lippert-...source=Froogle
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

I'm in the same boat as Yoda, I just walk the hose manually when I dump.

I was interested in seeing what it looked like,
                  The titan isn't available right now:
                  https://amzn.to/391CQDa

But there is a similar product:
                  https://amzn.to/3leExDe

But I won't be buying either.
                  Mike
                  2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Guys thanks for the replies, I am just looking to see what is available out there, I always keep my valves closed on the unit and open to flush when I have reached 50% .

thanks again for the amazing response.

Comment

Working...
                    X