Hot water issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water issues

I have a puzzling issue with my hot water - I have hot water on the propane side but the electric side doesn’t want to work. I’ve had the element and the control board changed but the electric side only heats for a day or two and then stops working. Suggestions?

2018 Reflection 311BHS

Originally posted by NAB View Post
    I have a puzzling issue with my hot water - I have hot water on the propane side but the electric side doesn’t want to work. I’ve had the element and the control board changed but the electric side only heats for a day or two and then stops working. Suggestions?

2018 Reflection 311BHS
    Not sure which water heater you have, but if it's the Atwood/Dometic, there is a relay in the circuit on the electric side I had go out once. It's in the back near where you access the element. It takes the signal from the board and turns the 120v to the element on and off.

I believe this is it:

Atwood Mobile Products 93849 Relay for Dsi Water Heaters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QMXTHE...C6J1BE1B8T1WJW

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

It’s the Atwood GC6AA-10E

Comment

Originally posted by NAB View Post
        It’s the Atwood GC6AA-10E
        I think that's the right relay. You should be able to test with a meter, if you're getting 12v out of the board and into the relay but not getting 120v at the element then your relay is bad.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X