No announcement yet.

Shower Drains into Bathroom Sink - 2021 Solitude 378MBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad that you got this issue resolved. I would guess it to be a one off problem, a pipe cut a little too long would make for an uphill slope for drainage.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by tnelsonrocktx View Post
      Mystery solved! The shower drain pipe which shares the vent pipe was installed with an upward slope. So after the shower ran for a few minutes it would backfill and not allow any air to escape so the only other place was to travel to the sink drain and ultimately become Mt. Saint Helen. My repair guy did not heed my warning and ended up wearing this mixture. He has been doing this a very long time and said this was a first for him. He cut the pipe and worked some magic. Ran the shower and sink for 15-20 minutes with the tank closed and it worked like a charm. I am hoping this is a one off for Grand Design's "not-so grand design". I'm still not happy that the dealer nor GD's service department could even come up with it is a "venting" issue. All they could ever reply was that your tank was full even after I prefaced ever convo with my tanks are EMPTY! I so appreciate everyone's input and help! You guys ROCK!
      By chance did you get pictures of the uphill run? Either way I would contact GD and see if they will reimburse you. Worth a shot.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

We have a 378MBS 2022 purchased in April and have this exact issue. While in the shower the bathroom sink starts to gurgle and bubble and without warning it explodes with foul water everywhere. Tanks are empty daily since it’s 3 ppl in the RV and we are at a lost. Help! The blank tank we think also has an issue as well bc after we dump and flush the tank and add our usual tank treatment and water solution, we flush and immediately are met with an eruption of gases venting into the bathroom from the toilet. Can anyone tell us where the vents are located up on top of the rig and where we should start to troubleshoot.

Comment

Haas2Travel . the vents will have a black cap on them where they project through the roof.

For the gray tank, if you're in a park with a sewer connection and temporary solution would be to leave the drain valve open. The P-traps under the sinks and shower will keep the gasses out of trailer. There should also be air admittance valves (AAV) on the sinks and shower (the AAV for the sinks are typically tucked up under the counter beside the sinks, with the shower AAV is hidden bend the shower wall) that will prevent a vacuum from forming in the gray tank.

As for the permanent solution for the gray tank, it really does seem like you're building pressure inside the tank so checking to make sure the vents is clear is a good place to start. What's interesting is that the buildup is exiting through the higher sink than the shower floor drain. I'm thinking that you're probably getting a pretty good puddle of water in the shower before the eruption in the sink.

On the black tank, that really does sound like the dreaded "pipe extends too far into tank". I have not had to deal with this situation, but there on several threads here by those who have that include step-by-step instruction on how to correct.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
          X