Fresh tank overflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh tank overflow

Set to city water feed but is filling my fresh water tank. I only had 10 gallons for travel but now full causing overflow. Remedies? Limited WiFi in campground. Thanks.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

It pretty much has to be a valve setting issue. Double, triple, (quadruple) check the valves by physically touching and turning the handles to make sure they're turned all the way to their stops (BTDT). This will also help determine if there is a sticky valve or one that is broken, which would then dictate the next course of action.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

BillinTexas
      Hi Bill,

Assuming that you have not recently changed any valve setting which might have caused this . . .

My guess is a failed check valve in the onboard pump. This valve keeps the output (pressurized) side of the pump from flowing back to the intake (tank) side of the pump. On City water, the system is pressurized by the campground water pressure, but if the pump check valve cannot block this pressure, water will flow backwards through the pump to the tank.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
        Set to city water feed but is filling my fresh water tank. I only had 10 gallons for travel but now full causing overflow. Remedies? Limited WiFi in campground. Thanks.
        Also do not change any valve setting with pressure on the system. Valves can be damaged (O-rings) which can result in the same situation. I agree double check you nautilus settings.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

What oring damage? I don't think these valve have sealing features the pass over orings. The are shaft sealing orings, but they are only subject to rotation and tolerate pressure changes as the valves are operated. I have never seen these valves with sheared orings from being operated under pressure. They are simple ball valves or cylindrical valves that seal by fit and not soft seats.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Any check valve on the pump outlet is like wearing suspenders and a belt. There are check valves within the pumping chamber. That is what makes the pump work by preventing backflow, allowing one direction flow.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The OP has a Transcend that does not have the nautilus panel with 4 or 5 valves, only 1 valve on the panel. This valve may be the issue but I agree with Rob that the check valve at the pump is probably faulty. I would think if you have a spare check valve for the water heater you may be able to put it in line to the pump just to get by.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Should closing the valve at pump stop the fresh water from back flowing?
                Bill & Cindy
                2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                SE Texas

Comment

Should closing the valve at pump stop the fresh water from back flowing?
                  It is possible that the winterizing valve could be closed to help your problem but I am not sure.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I can hear a definite change when switching from city to fresh wwater in the control center so I don't believe it is that valve. I lowered the pressure on the regulator slightly and turned the water back on. Are the valves on the water pump readily available should I need to replace it?
                    Bill & Cindy
                    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                    SE Texas

Comment

I can hear a definite change when switching from city to fresh wwater in the control center so I don't believe it is that valve. I lowered the pressure on the regulator slightly and turned the water back on. Are the valves on the water pump readily available should I need to replace it?
                      I think its built into the pump, but you could get a PEX one and just put it in the line yourself. If your pump line is PEX this should pop right on. If its vinyl tubing well, thats a whole other rabbit hole....

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...0LFA/202721919

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I think its built into the pump, but you could get a PEX one and just put it in the line yourself. If your pump line is PEX this should pop right on. If its vinyl tubing well, thats a whole other rabbit hole....

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...0LFA/202721919
                        OK, I didn't know what I was looking at. Vinyl tubing is what is there. I'll look at it it closer later. Thanks.

Bill & Cindy
                        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                        SE Texas

Comment

You will not be able to see the check valve if it is internal to the pump, but an external should work. If its vinyl you can try the shark bite fitting, I think they might be approved for that but not sure. Be warned as you start to move the vinyl tubing around its prone to make the fittings start to leak.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                          X