Water Heater cover lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Heater cover lost

Hi, we have a 2021 Solitude S-Class 2930 RL. We've lost our water heater cover while traveling. When I pulled in to get fuel, I noticed the cover was missing. I instantly blamed myself for possibly not turning the cover latch. Now, I'm not so sure it was me the overlooked something .... but maybe... We were on our way to a Grand Design tour, which was great to see. So will in Middlebury, Indiana, we called the service department and ordered a new water heater cover. I picked it up this morning. When I opened the box, I found that it included the frame and cover, great but I only needed the cover. So I pulled out the new cover and was going to pop it in place and call it good. But, I found that the little pins that hold the cover in place at the bottom of the frame were missing / broken.

So my question is, is there a means of fixing / replacing the pins?

Replacing the whole frame to fix this seems unnecessary at least I'm hoping so, as it looks to be a significant task. Lots of sealant to remove and replace.

If I have to replace the frame too, is there any guidance on the best method, tools to replace it. Thanks for any guidance.
    Doug & Holly
    Tow vehicle: 2022 F250 Super Duty Lariat
    RV: 2021 Solitude S-Class 2930 RLS
    Stabilizer: Steady Fast
    Solar: Panels, 2K. Batteries, 2-24v 200amp, All Victron equipment.

Originally posted by Dgrothen View Post
    Hi, we have a 2021 Solitude S-Class 2930 RL. We've lost our water heater cover while traveling. When I pulled in to get fuel, I noticed the cover was missing. I instantly blamed myself for possibly not turning the cover latch. Now, I'm not so sure it was me the overlooked something .... but maybe... We were on our way to a Grand Design tour, which was great to see. So will in Middlebury, Indiana, we called the service department and ordered a new water heater cover. I picked it up this morning. When I opened the box, I found that it included the frame and cover, great but I only needed the cover. So I pulled out the new cover and was going to pop it in place and call it good. But, I found that the little pins that hold the cover in place at the bottom of the frame were missing / broken.

So my question is, is there a means of fixing / replacing the pins?

Replacing the whole frame to fix this seems unnecessary at least I'm hoping so, as it looks to be a significant task. Lots of sealant to remove and replace.

If I have to replace the frame too, is there any guidance on the best method, tools to replace it. Thanks for any guidance.
    You have a 2021. You would most likely be covered under warranty. Since you already have the part, I can't imagine a dealer just wouldn't take the job.

Have you contacted your selling dealer?
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

You have a 2021. You would most likely be covered under warranty. Since you already have the part, I can't imagine a dealer just wouldn't take the job.

Have you contacted your selling dealer?
      I had not thought my dealer would take care of this. I assumed I did something wrong and they would tell it's not covered. I guess I can give it try. All they can saw its not covered. If they cover it, I'll see if I can get my $54 back too.
      Doug & Holly
      Tow vehicle: 2022 F250 Super Duty Lariat
      RV: 2021 Solitude S-Class 2930 RLS
      Stabilizer: Steady Fast
      Solar: Panels, 2K. Batteries, 2-24v 200amp, All Victron equipment.

Comment

Working...
      X