Upgrading Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Shower

I am considering upgrading the shower faucet in my 2020 Solitude S-Class 2930 RL. I saw a shower faucet in an s-class at a recent rally (the part number is 350379). It is a black column with four shower heads. I am trying to find out if there are issues with the size of the trailer water heater. Does anyone have a GD with this shower head? If so what size water heater does your rig have? Does anyone know if this shower head requires a certain size hot water heater?

Walt Farthing yes we have that showerhead setup on our 21 390. Uses a lot of water; could be an issue for dry camping. We have a 12 gal wh, we often run both gas and elec at same time for showers. You can only run three of the sprayers at once (Main, and two at chest height). I added inline shutoffs at each showerhead to control water usage. Lowe's, about $6 each. They are infinitely adjustable. It is a nice showerhead tho--no plans to replace it.

Dave
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

DarnDave we have the same shower head in our new 2022 solitude and the water pressure is terrible. Only 1/4 to 1/2 of the big square head will have water coming out of it and we are running on city water. Any idea what the issue could be? Do you experience this as well?? We do have a water pressure regulator hooked up to the city faucet...wondering if this could be the issue...

Comment

shellyreeves80 Check your pressure regulator. They make a high flow and normal flow versions.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

shellyreeves80 . No, we have really good water pressure, but I use I high end adjustable regulator with a gauge. They come with a full dose of sticker shock, but well worth the money after five years of use still working great. I keep mine set at 55-60 psi, static. Pressure lowers slightly when you open a faucet. Many of the inline "regulators" are merely flow restrictors. Try taking it off your hose briefly and test your shower. (unless you know you have crazy high pressure at the hose bib)
          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Check your screens for small debris in the showerheads. That might be part of the problem for low flow.
            John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
            2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
            ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
            2017 Jayco 26BH
            2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Walt Farthing Welcome to the family and the forum!
              Please excuse my being late to welcome you but I haven’t been able keep up with anything but life for the last month.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
              X