Very long time to get hot water to kitchen sink - Reflection 300RBTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very long time to get hot water to kitchen sink - Reflection 300RBTS

It takes almost 4 minutes and gallons of water to get hat water flowing from the kitchen faucet. Water heater is working correctly. I suspect that it has to do with the routing of the water lines. Water heater is located at left rear corner of trailer beside the rear bathroom. The kitchen sink is a few feet from the bathroom sink. Trailer has washer/dryer prep at the front of the trailer(We are not using this). Nautilus docking station is located in left front cubby. Outside shower knobs are in the off position. It has been like this since delivery from GD. Any suggestions?

I would guess that it is the routing as well, but I can not imagine that GD ran a hot water line from the water heater in the back to the Nautilus in the front only to run it to the back again to supply bath and kitchen, you never know though. If you drop the coroplast in the back half , under the kitchen and bath, this will let you see how the plumbing is oriented. You might be able to change the routing to go from the water heater to the fixtures first and then the Nautilus panel. After the re-plumbing , if you choose that route, you could add a check valve in the hot water line to the nautilus panel to only allow hot water to go to the panel and not allow cold water to come from the panel in the hot water line.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the response. Checking the routing of the plumbing was going to be my next move. I am holding on to hope, that someone has dealt with this problem before and has the easy answer!

Comment

300RBTS
        It would not surprise me that the hot water goes all the way to the Nautilus panel and back because this is how they would plumb the water heater bypass for winterizing. If you modify this to add a "shortcut", remember to consider how this will affect winterizing.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hot water would go directly from water heater outlet to faucets. If the panel diverter valve to bypass the water heater is leaking that could mix cold with hot.
          Do other faucets take as long for hot water?
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Cate&Rob Great point, thanks for the info.

Comment

TedS, the other faucets take longer than what I would think is normal in comparison to the other trailers that I have purchased. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

300RBTS Welcome to the family and the forum!
                Please excuse my being late to welcome you but I haven’t been able keep up with anything but life for the last month.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

ThePowells . Thanks

Comment

Are all the faucet screens clear and allowing full water flow?
                    Are you getting full flow out of the faucets? If so, that would discount a crimped or pinched line out of the water heater.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

TedS The screens are clear and there is excellent water flow.

Comment

You are right, it shouldn't take long to get hot water. 20 feet of 1/2 inch tube holds only 0.2 gallons of water. 3 gallons a minute flow should clear that in about 4 seconds.
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Since I do not own one and not certain of the plumbing routing in one, have you checked to see if there is a winterization valve in the back next to the HWH? If it's not fully open or closed it could lead to longer than normal times for water to reach location and also allow for mixing of cold water into the stream.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 I dont believe there is a winterization valve at the water heater as it is equipped with the nautilus system.

Comment

The other place to check is the outside faucet port - be sure both are turned off. If not the water mixes.

Otherwise there is a solution but $$$$. That is to have a circulation pump on the hot side with a return from the remote sink to HW tank (cold side) when the circulation pump is on water is circulated in the hot line making sure the line is hot to the far end. This is used in housing projects (high end) to speed up the hot water to remote baths. Down side this is a pump, and a new line and fittings - more maintenance and power consumption to run.
                              Hope this helps
                              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                              X