Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't forget to winterize your water pressure regulator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget to winterize your water pressure regulator!

We have a very hard freeze coming tonight - mid 20's. This reminded me to get my pressure regulator inside the house. Trailer is fully winterized so OK there.

Just remember if you have one of these or similar to bring it inside for the winter. They can freeze even if not connected as some water can stay inside them. I have ruined 2 over the past few years by forgetting to bring it in the house.

I know they are expensive, so I thought I would pass this tip along. Might be wise to protect other types of pressure regulators too

Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Good reminder, Yoda Keith - Rudy says he ruined one a couple of years ago that way as well
    Andi
    Brookings SD
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Thanks Keith,

I have forgotten a few times and would have again if you didn’t post!

Jon
      Jon
      2021 Solitude 310GK-R
      2018 Silverado 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Really? If no water. And oil based gage...how do they feeeze?
        2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
        2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post
          Really? If no water. And oil based gage...how do they feeeze?
          I must admit that I have been wondering this too . . .

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I must admit that I have been wondering this too . . .

Rob
            sportsdad60

They are all made a bit different, but this picture might help

Lots of little places for water to hide. Also the orifices to the gauge and the chamber in the gauge below the diaphragm (not shown) can act like a closed end straw and not let water out. Its the internals that get messed up. All I know is I have had at least two be trash come spring after being left in the trailer.

Hope this helps
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I sacrificed one to the queen of frigidity a couple of years ago. The official low at RDU 5 miles away was 29 degrees.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

sportsdad60

They are all made a bit different, but this picture might help

Lots of little places for water to hide. Also the orifices to the gauge and the chamber in the gauge below the diaphragm (not shown) can act like a closed end straw and not let water out. Its the internals that get messed up. All I know is I have had at least two be trash come spring after being left in the trailer.

Hope this helps
                Keith
                Thanks for warning. Also good diagram of reducer. Got mine in closet in house now.
                2021 Reflection 315RLTS 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD SRW Soon to be retired

Comment

Thanks for the information, On the last year I also faced similar issues in the winter as my kitchen valve has been froze and burst up. It was from our mistake that we made the windows open and they fell direct contact with the outside atmosphere. We then replaced the whole pipe length.
                  Last edited by Country Campers; 01-26-2022, 06:50 AM. Reason: removed embedded link.

Comment

Also remember to winterize black tank flush :(
                    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
                    X