Locate hot pipe/tube leading out of HWH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locate hot pipe/tube leading out of HWH

I realize that not all HWH’s are installed in the same fashion so, can anyone point me in the right direction to determine where to start LOOKING to find the hot pipe/tube leading out of the HWH in the GD 2250RK ? I need to determine if this piece is soft tubing or PEX tube in order to know if I need to replace a section or not. TIA
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I realize that not all HWH’s are installed in the same fashion so, can anyone point me in the right direction to determine where to start LOOKING to find the hot pipe/tube leading out of the HWH in the GD 2250RK ? I need to determine if this piece is soft tubing or PEX tube in order to know if I need to replace a section or not. TIA

I would look at the back of the water heater. Took a quick look online and it looks like your water heater is on the drivers side towards the back, there is usually a cabinet there you remove a panel from the access the water heater lines. That said I am sure it will be the flexible hose. I do not think the run PEX out of the water heater.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

TY Neil for responding. Hmm, I had opened the “door” of the WH on the outside of the RV and looked around before posting my situation but I’ll take a second look to see if I can find anything like a panel or access area to get to the outgoing line. I’ll let you know what I find.

Reexamined behind the door on the outside of the RV and other than possibly removing the 20 screws and sliding outward (if that’s even the way it’s done) the HWH, I don’t know at this point how to access the point where anyone would examine and / or make a repair at the connection point where the hot water exits the HWH and proceeds to travel to any or all of its final destinations, kitchen sink, bathroom shower, or bathroom sink, and I suppose the outdoor shower. Maybe others will chime in. Tks again Neil.
      Last edited by Schiefswret; 10-13-2021, 04:29 PM.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Dave

You are going to want to look inside the trailer where the water heater is. From the prints it looks like it is located under the range in that area. There should be a drawer or door with possibly a removable panel that will allow you to access the rear of the water heater, you may even look in the cupboards under the sink. This is what Neil was explaining. The access to the rear of the water heater is not outside the RV it is inside.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

This is the area you will want to look.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (59)_LI.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	67981

More than likely you will open the cupboard door to the left of the range and inside on the bottom right there may be a panel with screws to remove to access the back of the water heater. It may also be the panel under the range, if it has screws it is removable.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes! U r correct. I removed the panel and it’s right in front of my face! Luckily there is no “bubbling” at the connection point with the PEX tubing and the soft tubing like what happened at the bathroom sink. I’ll check it routinely and replace a section of the soft with PEX if any signs start showing. Next I’ll try to locate the same connection in the shower (maybe behind the faucet panel) to see if the hot connection is there (or not) and if so, if anything looks suspicious. Again, Brian, (and Neil) thanks much for your advice!
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Yes! U r correct. I removed the panel and it’s right in front of my face! Luckily there is no “bubbling” at the connection point with the PEX tubing and the soft tubing like what happened at the bathroom sink. I’ll check it routinely and replace a section of the soft with PEX if any signs start showing. Next I’ll try to locate the same connection in the shower (maybe behind the faucet panel) to see if the hot connection is there (or not) and if so, if anything looks suspicious. Again, Brian, (and Neil) thanks much for your advice!
              Glad you found it! Sorry I wasn't more clear. The shower is usual accessed by a panel you remove around the controls.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Thanks Neil. That’s what I meant by, ‘maybe behind the faucet panel’. Again, much thanks, you’ve always been a big help.
                Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Thanks Neil. That’s what I meant by, ‘maybe behind the faucet panel’. Again, much thanks, you’ve always been a big help.
                  No problem. Good to know where the connections are to keep an eye on them. I know Rob and a couple of the guys have wireless water alarms they use for places like that. You can leave it below the connection and if it starts leaking it will alert you.

Neil Citro

Comment

Good idea, Tks.
                    Dave and Sue
                    2020 GD 2250RK
                    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

We had a midnight “wake-up call” when our water detector started chirping one night on a 2-month trip last summer. We were in the campground at Devil’s Tower, a couple of hours away from any type of location that might have any repair parts. Luckily, I had already purchased all of the PEX tools and a couple of lengths of PEX, so that I had what I needed. Our leak was exactly where you mentioned, behind the shower wall, at the faucet connection. I shut off the water supply and went back to sleep.

I had already experimented with PEX by replacing the low-point drain plugs with ball valves, so I was more confident in how to approach the repair. Only a couple of hours later, and everything was fixed, “Better than new”.
                      Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
                      Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
                      2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
                      Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
                      Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Good stuff! Thanks Tom
                        Dave and Sue
                        2020 GD 2250RK
                        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
                        X