Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

310GK - Toilet Leak during minimal flush - OK during full flush - Back of toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 310GK - Toilet Leak during minimal flush - OK during full flush - Back of toilet

2020 - 310GK - Toilet flushes fine but when I try to add water to the bowl with a minimal push of the foot pedal, water is spraying out of the back of the toilet. I am unable to see behind the toilet to see the exact location of the leak. We are living FT in the rig. I am seeing no leak at all when Full Flush occurs.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Years ago I had similar leak. Fixed mine by changing the toilet water valve on back of toilet. Either it just wore out or I didn't winterize well enough and it cracked I suspected. It was a different brand trailer at the time so not sure of part numbers. Attached is a similar item just for a visual of type of part I'm referring to.
    Jason & Kim
    Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2016 Ford F250

Comment

Thanks for the directional assistance.... I think that you are very accurate. I believe that I found the toilet model and manufacture.... Working on getting parts! Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Comment

SBPugh

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

If you have the standard Thetford toilet, this is what the back of it looks like. (Others will be similar) As described earlier, the plastic cylinder is a "vacuum break" and as such has an opening to let air in. There is a check valve that closes this air opening when there is water pressure to flush the toilet. At very low flow/pressure as you describe, it is quite possible that this check valve is sticking open, but it closes properly at higher flow.

This vacuum break is relatively easy to replace (once you find the right part ) The service kit often comes with a new gasket for the base of the toilet. Don't be hesitant to remove the entire toilet (two flange bolts and a hand tightened water connection) to make replacing the vacuum break even easier.

Rob
        Attached Files
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X