Location of Antifreeze suction line on 2022 TX297QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of Antifreeze suction line on 2022 TX297QB

Hello all from Eagle ID and our new 2022 Transcend 297QB. Really like the trailer but had major issue trying to locate the antifreeze suction line the first time.
    Our PDI from Sprad's RV in Reno didn't go well but they basically gave us bad information on the winterization process. The manufacturer also gave me bogus info. I was told by Sprad's that the suction line is outside on the corner near the back. Pretty vague, and wrong. Then I was told by GD that it's the white water fitting in the panel outside labeled "City Water". It's not.
    In this model it's inside, under the dinette bench (closest to door) in the back, behind a small panel. The hose is not marked. There is a cap on the line which you must unscrew but because of the fitting it won't fit in the antifreeze jug. I just cut it off.
    so here's how it goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Antifreeze Suction Line.JPG.png
Views:	1237
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	68517

1) Perform all the draining and clearing of lines per You Tube and manuals.
    2) Bring your antifreeze bottle into the unit and open up the compartment under the dinette until you can see the water pump and lines
    3) Find the line that comes from a three way valve and goes nowhere, that's the suction line
    4) Cut off the fitting and plunge the end into the antifreeze bottle
    5) Resume instructions per GD manual on filling lines and faucets with antifreeze

The problem with the 297QB is that the manuals don't address locations of items discussed, nor do they have correct photos of referenced items.
    So there you go. It's under the seat. Happy winterizing!

BTW: I filled this hole with steel wool just as a safe measure.

R.
    Last edited by rgilmore; 10-20-2021, 05:46 PM.
Working...
X