TRAILER COVER Recommendations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAILER COVER Recommendations ?

I would appreciate a Recommendation for a TRAILER COVER for my 2022 XLS 17 MKE. Or a company that could do a custom order. Thanks!

Originally posted by Randall View Post
    I would appreciate a Recommendation for a TRAILER COVER for my 2022 XLS 17 MKE. Or a company that could do a custom order. Thanks!
    Calmark Cover Co makes an excellent US made Sunbrella custom cover. It fits tight so no abrasion. Its expensive.

I used pool storage pillows on the roof to form a peak where melting snow will quickly clear from the roof. Having stated that, we moved and I had to go to a covered storage facility so the cover sits in the garage. It worked well in 5 Michigan winters with no visible wear.

https://calmarkcovers.com/

Hope this helps,

Jim.

Comment

Jim makes an excellent point - abrasion. I was looking to covers and asked my neighbor that had one. He said was a waste of money as it had cost him more than the cover was worth (his words). His was not tight fitting and it rubbed his decal off and marred the jell coat. His recommendation was a good wax job every 6 month and do the roof yearly. He also mentioned how tough it was to put on and take off. I know I hate being in the roof now.

Just something to think about

Now having said that Jim's Guest recommendation is spot on.

Keith
      Last edited by Yoda; 11-04-2021, 12:42 PM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Jim makes an excellent point - abrasion. I was looking to covers and asked my neighbor than had one. He said was a waste of money as it had cost him more than the cover was worth (his words). His was not tight fitting and it rubbed his decal off and marred the jell coat. His recommendation was a good wax job every 6 month and do the roof yearly. He also mentioned how tough it was to put on and take off. I know I hate being in the roof now.

Just something to think about

Now having said that Jim's Guest recommendation is spot on.

Keith
        I'm on my 3rd year on one made/sold by RVMasking on Amazon. Has many straps that go under the belly of the trailer and fits nice and tight and elastic front and rear. And is breathable. (not sure about their "updated one".

I put it on solo with 2 ladders, an extendable 14' boat hook and a long rope. (no crawling in the roof) Took an hour tops. I bunch it up as much as I can laying on the propane tanks, take a long rope and hook it to the rear of the cover and use the ladders and boat hook to start it up and over the nose of the trailer, then throw the rope down the centerline to the rear of the trailer and pull from the ground about 20 or 30 feet behind the trailer to minimize the angle. Just have to stop a couple times to use the boat hook to start it over the antenna and a/c units, otherwise, it pulls pretty smoothly and no roof crawl.

Terry
        Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
        2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
        2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Here is a link to an earlier discussion that shows the pool pillows and an antenna cover made from foam sheets, cut and glued with M77. See post #6.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterior/16616-rv-cover

Jim

Comment

I don't know if you live where this could be done or how/where you store. I'm fortunate enough to store at home. I paid $2,200 for this in Oct. of 2020. May or may not be an option for you. Eagle Carport out of North Carolina through a local dealer.
            Attached Files
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

Certainly another option.

Jim

Comment

We're getting a new Solitude in a few months, and will have to park it with pine trees nearby. I expect to have needles, branches, and ice dropping occasionally onto our rig over the winter months. I think I should get an RV cover for these reasons, but am concerned by what I read here about covers causing abrasion to the exterior of the rig. Are there any cover users out there who have never had a problem with the cover damaging your rig, and if so, what brand cover did you buy? Thanks for your help!
                Gary Bell
                2022 GD Solitude 382WB (arriving ~March 2022)
                NE Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
                  We're getting a new Solitude in a few months, and will have to park it with pine trees nearby. I expect to have needles, branches, and ice dropping occasionally onto our rig over the winter months. I think I should get an RV cover for these reasons, but am concerned by what I read here about covers causing abrasion to the exterior of the rig. Are there any cover users out there who have never had a problem with the cover damaging your rig, and if so, what brand cover did you buy? Thanks for your help!
                  Gary Bell
                  2022 GD Solitude 382WB (arriving ~March 2022)
                  NE Washington State
                  Yes there are covers that will not abrade the surface of your rig. Calmark Cover Co. will custom make a light weight sunbrella cover that will not blow around on your rig. Even though the cover uses light weight materials, it may weight upward of 70lbs for a solitude. Something to consider.

https://calmarkcovers.com/

Jim
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X